360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Stick with owners and thank me later. They are expensive ( especially if you buy a lot or loose a lot) but they get the job done. That’s the one thing you don’t want to be frugal about on a tuna trip. There are nights when you hardly get a bite or two, you want to capitalize on every bite you get and owners are sticky sharp. If it’s wide open ( which happens very very rarely) then throw anything you want at them but start out with owners until you put a couple on the deck.

· Registered
260 Posts
Haven't tried any of the Mustad trebles. The Owner st 66's are gold and certainly get the job done. Another great treble hook i use are the BKK Viper 41's, have come to appreciate these just as well as the Owner st 66's.
Tend to put the Owner 66's on my Halco's and BKK Viper 41's on Poppers and the 150mm Nomad Max Vibes.
Of course BKK has the Raptor series of trebles and they are solid and a beast of a treble. Do run the BKK Raptor Z's on my Nomad slipstream flying fish rigs.

· Registered
1 Posts
Haven't tried any of the Mustad trebles. The Owner st 66's are gold and certainly get the job done. Another great treble hook i use are the BKK Viper 41's, have come to appreciate these just as well as the Owner st 66's.
Tend to put the Owner 66's on my Halco's and BKK Viper 41's on Poppers and the 150mm Nomad Max Vibes.
Of course BKK has the Raptor series of trebles and they are solid and a beast of a treble. Do run the BKK Raptor Z's on my Nomad slipstream flying fish rigs.
Owner ST-66 Stinger as replacement on YoZuri Surface Bull GT popper. Also replaced the rings with Owner Hyperwire rings. I don't trust anything else on expensive trips.
Water Shorts Boat Vertebrate Sky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts