GUSA

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by SpecialK, May 11, 2009.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I was talking to John Baker earlier about my reel I had sent in for the shifter upgrade, and he mentioned that he and some other partners have bought out Graphite USA.
    He said some of the blanks would start to be available as soon as the end of next week.

He also told me that he went through the entire factory and manufactured new parts to repair all of the machines that were in need of a good fixin.

The blanks are suppose to be the same models but some will be composite instead of full graphite.
    He is sending me catalogs back with my reel so hopefully I can find a way to post some pics from them.

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

When did you send in your reel? I sent my JB12 back two months ago to get the button shifter installed on it. I figured it would take a while so I put a split ring around the reel lug with a name tag on it.

3. rhale

rhale Senior Member

That is good news, I love my GUSA.

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

5. graya

graya Junior member

i saw the blanks and pulled on some of them on May 2 at the west coast rodbuilding show i was impressed they are bringing all of the older models and some of the composites that were only available to available to new Zealand mostly the jigging blanks this is what's in their new catalog

united dhx series
    pioneer shx series
    challenger elite series
    challenger platinum series
    challenger advantage series

6. semipro

semipro Senior Member

anyone knows their adress yet?I would like the get Predator also

7. Grifft

Grifft Senior Member

8. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Thank You GanderVA

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

When did you send in your reel? I sent my JB12 back two months ago to get the button shifter installed on it. I figured it would take a while so I put a split ring around the reel lug with a name tag on it.
    I sent it in the middle of April.
    He told me that it should be back mid next week.
    John made it sound like he was doing most of the installs himself. He has been very busy with getting the rod factory into shape and is moving it next door to his current CNC factory.
    I enjoy my conversations with John. He is a true fisherman. I feel bad as I know how making a living off of the industry you love can keep you from participation...