360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the blank from Billy 40. Guides are American Tackle Titan Turbos. Reel seat size 22 and gimbal are ALPs. Nylon and Metalic Gudebrod thread. Threadmaster finisher. I can't wait to test this on the Big E trip this weekend with my Ocea Jigger 4000P attached. I would place weights on the rod, but I need the epoxy to dry a little longer. Hopefully, I will have more pics before the trip (and after!)

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nice wraps. I know that blank has caught a few nice fish already. Hope you can pull some big boys in with it!

I am in the process of wrapping a PURJ 55HP that I extended to 6' as we speak

·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another pic

Attachments

·
105 Posts
Scott, have fun fishing that rod. Your work is improving really quickly. Nice job on all the trim bands. All you need now is some fish hanigng off the tip and you're all set.

·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the rod this weekend. I caught a just legal AJ and 2 other fish with the rod. I thought it performed great and would recommend checking it out as a jigging blank. It is rated to 14 kilograms (30 pounds) of drag. I will try to post pics this week of the rod loaded.

·
105 Posts
G, thanks - but I didn't wrap that one, Scott did. It's only his third rod, and as you can see, he does a great job. Not only does the rod look great, Scott definitely spends some time on making sure the rod fish's well - the right guides, teh right grip material and lengths, balance, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts