Gulf Eagle Trip Nov11 Port Aransas

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by capn_billl, Nov 5, 2008.

1. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

I've finally finalised plans for the "Gulf Eagle" NOV 11. Boat from Deep Sea Headquarters 1-800-705-3474. If you are going please call and put your deposits. The weather may be bumpy going out, but the rest of the trip should be smooth tuna "catching".

2. Formula4Fish

Formula4Fish Senior Member

Capn Billl,

I sure hope this Buoyweather forecast for Port Aransas is wrong :)

[​IMG]

3. Crab

Crab Junior member

Please post a report when you get back . We are going on the same boat 14 Nov and would appreciate current fishin' info. Dan at DSH told me yesterday that on the last trip they tore up the YFT and got several large AJs !
    THANKS!!

4. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Does the gulf eagle have seats and tables or did they take them out to put in the bunks? What I am asking is are there tables and places to sit on the ride out and in if your are not sleeping? Thanks Steve

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Does the gulf eagle have seats and tables or did they take them out to put in the bunks? What I am asking is are there tables and places to sit on the ride out and in if your are not sleeping? Thanks Steve
    Last time I was on the boat there was 12 bunks and 2 tables big enough to squeeze 4 large guys each. They were full of tackel though.

6. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

I'm still several guys short of a full boat, If you've ever thought about a tuna trip now is a good time.

7. capn_billl

capn_billl Junior member

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

sorry to hear that, i dont see why there is not much interest during prime yft season...maybe the boats?

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

$$. $650 is a lot for one night of fishing.

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

oh I did not know its only for one night.

11. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

2 nights, 1 day of fishing.

12. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

2 nights, 1 day of fishing.
    The DSH trips have been coming back the next day if they limit on YFT the first night...

On the other hand, FW has said they will stay out for the entire trip time either way...

Captian John posted on here somewhere about coming in early.

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah these aren't 48-hour trips anymore.

other reasons not many guys can go is that there are not many guys down here who are serious offshore fisherman. offshore here gets no pressure as compared to the northeast. i would expect that to increase though at some point

14. Pope

Pope Senior Member

yeah these aren't 48-hour trips anymore.

other reasons not many guys can go is that there are not many guys down here who are serious offshore fisherman. offshore here gets no pressure as compared to the northeast. i would expect that to increase though at some point

I would expect both fisheries to receive less pressure with the economic downturn.

15. rtran

rtran Senior Member

That just sucks because we won't be able to fill boats to go fishing.

16. papio

papio Senior Member

Just as well as the moon is pretty bright and round, most likely YFT catching would be at minimum...I know from past experiences.:mad: