360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DING DING DING.....................The answer is: 558.33 yards. (550 yards of 80lb JB Hollow Core and 8.33 yards of mono topshot.) Thanks to Basil of BHP Tackle for packing it so tight !

So our winner is: "PCCURE" with an answer of: 560.9, or only 2.67 yards off from the actual answer. Kudos to, ToneyC for answering 555.5 yards and only being 2.83 yards off.

It was a hell of a contest, but first time 360Tuna poster, "PCCURE" is our winner.

PCCure: Please PM me your address so I can mail you the assist hooks.

Win two free Assist Hooks. (Free shipping).:D
The contest is, guess the line capacity.

The reel is a Tiagra 16 with Jerry Brown 80lb Hollow core with a 25' 100lb. Momoi mono topshot.

After 1 week I will reveal the capacity and announce the winner. Feel free to guess in tenths of yards since it's not a whole number.:)

My plans are to use this reel for Northeast Canyon Yo-Yo style jigging, some Japanese jigging and chunking. I have it on a OTI 600gram Conv. rod.. Yeah, I know it's heavier than an Accurate 665, or similar, but I'm willing to deal with a slightly heavier reel to get this capacity and have up to 30lbs of drag.

·
2,835 Posts
394 yards of 80# JB plus the top shot.

·
5,457 Posts
What kind of assist hooks?

d-a

·
154 Posts
nevermind my last post.
480 yrds jb and then the top shot. If i did the math right I should be in the top 30 or so..

·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, JB Hollow.

D-A: The two free Assist Hooks will be my home made ones. Whoever wins will like them. The Hooks used are Gamakatsu 7/0 Live bait hooks, the line 200lb Jerry Brown HC snelled on the hook with a shrink tube to protect it.

·
1,386 Posts
The 80# JB Hollow tests very strong so is more like 100# line. Assuming you loaded it with 8-10 lbs. tension, my guess is 384 yards (okay, you said tenths, 384.4).

The reel looks great, why did you choose the Momoi topshot over others?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts