360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey Dokey, well.....A bit of a late report but after a MacDaddys Bowlathon on Friday night after a full day of jigging my damn arms have been sore! More about Bowling later.....

So I get a call thursday night 9ish from a friend "wanna go fishing?"

CHA!!!! OK meet us at 600am.......sweet.....

Headed out the inlet just after first light Friday morning. With new friend John from Raleigh and an old friend Jay. Did i mention that John has a KICK ass rig? ohhh yea a brand new sparklin..33 Grady White Center console we strolled out to the grounds in a head sea chop at 35knts:eek:

The twin yamaha 350's are the real deal let me tell ya! The power they proudce is nothing short of amazing! and All whilst staying wisper....like damn is it running???.. QUIET
Also another first for me this day was using the electronic controls....ahhhhhmmmm ......ALSO VERY SWEET.....enought about the boat....
On to the report...
The plan was a grouper and wahoo killing. and we were ready to rock. 24 nice little wire baits, 2 planer rods armed with some of Capt. Joes magic wahoo baits...
5lbs of cigars and enough iron to sink the USS Ronald Regan.
We headed to some numbers we had and with the forcast calling for sw building to 20 in the afternoon we decided on the way out to opt for dropping first and then try for the wahoo. This turned out to be a good decision. Within the first 30 min or so of fishing we had some action....Jay was first to connect with a nice red I got in on the action with 2 fish on consectuve drops.. Had a nice bite for the next two hours or so and put some meat on ice...... 4 large reds 2 trash tiles...and hungry trigger he had a 10/0 hook in his mouth......So after a while our arms were starting to feel like Jello...... so we decided to switch over to the troll.....hadn't heard of much of it on the radio..... but we put out the spread and begin the hunt....no bites ...........45min..... no bites..1.5hrs......after about another hour we did manage a little flurry with a couple of missed wahoo bites.....and double header MacATTACK on the planers.....that was the day for us with the building SW we decided to head on to the hill at 2pm.
Another GREAT DAY on the water with A great crew and good fishing.... We were near the Wahoo Challenge winner all day congratz to the "Ava-D"!!!

Georgeous sunrise..

Hauling major MAIL!! this rig gets it done......

Dock Shot photos dont do the fish justice they were all nice 12-16lb fish....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts