Grinding Saltist

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by first catch, Mar 1, 2009.

1. first catch

first catch Senior Member

I have a Saltist 30T that I took apart and put back together. I only took apart the drag part of the reel. After I put it back together, it is now grinding very bad when I reel and tighten the drag. As far as I can tell, everything is back in the same order, and I see nothing out of the ordinary. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

3. alantani

alantani Senior Member

ouch!!!!!!! i think you missed getting the ambassaduer-style pawl back on to the ratchet gear properly. if you do that, it grinds like crazy when you crank the handle. sometimes you can bend everything back into place and it will work ok, but i would strongly recommend calling daiwa at 562-802-9589. ask for part #E48-9001. this is the pawl for the saltist 30T. please let us know how this works out. good luck! alan

4. first catch

Thanks guys. I guess I'll go ahead and call Daiwa.

5. alantani

alantani Senior Member

6. first catch

Sorry, forgot to update this. It was the anti-reverse pawl that was bent. It was able to be bent back, and it's working fine now. I think I'll still order another one just in case though. Thanks for the help Alan!

7. alantani

alantani Senior Member

it got crunched when you put it back together, huh! that one is easy to miss. thanks! alan