360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently joined this site a couple of months ago after I booked an offshore trip and started doing my research. I've posted a couple of questions and gotten some very helpful responses back. I read as much as my wife will allow me. I've even gotten up late at night to do some reading. I even had someone to PM me and offer to look at my gear and give me some advice. We met up last week and he gave me a lot of info about what to expect and what to try on my trip. We even had a couple of beers to top it all off.:) There's nothing better than talking about fishing and having a cold beer. This is a great site for info and helpful suggestions. Everyone should pat themselves on the back for being a part of this community and passing on info to each other and helping newbies like myself to feel comfortable about asking the same questions that probably have been asked a million times by others over the years. I appreciate all of the responses to all of the posts on here and I really look forward to looking at more over the years when I need a "fix".

·
1,553 Posts
this really is a great site. everyone seems to have the same passion for this sport and all are willing to improve and help others improve. only problem i have is spending way too much money on tackle and gear from the bad influences on this board. hahahahahaha!

·
1,699 Posts
Copenny, this is a great site.. I have met a lot of great folks and learned an awful lot of different techniques here.. Not any BS that you might see on some other boards.. Good luck on your upcoming trip.. Be sure and post a report when you return..

Bret

·
2,030 Posts
Yes I believe this is a more user friendly site, where people are more willing to share info, experiences and details to help us all get better reguardless of your skill level. I believe it starts at the top ( TJ ) and works its way down through the ranks. The simple facts are we were all rookies at one point and someone taught us, whether it was our Dad, Uncle, Grand Dad and so on. So past it on and keep it going.

·
225 Posts
I said the same thing last summer after I joined, this is the only sight that I have asked a question and not made to feel like an idiot because I wasn't born with all needed knowledge.

·
804 Posts
I know I have learned a ton from these guys.

hope I have helped some too.

I least it's a place for me to cry about the working man losing a chance at UE's BIG-E trips.

This site has also showed me many other boats and captains to take the money I was going to spend on Big-E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts