GoPro while free diving

Discussion in 'Spearfishing' started by FarrellX, Jan 1, 2013.

1. FarrellX

FarrellX Member

I know a lot of people attach them to their guns, but i use a sling. 90% of the time i am diving with out a hooded suit. I have wore the head strap with the hood, but i just dont trust the strap without the hood over it. i feel like it will come off and i won't even know it.

how do you guys film?

2. entourage

entourage Senior Member

Maybe a floaty door would atleast make it go to the surface if you lost it.

3. Rainbowrunner

Rainbowrunner Fishing Guru

Or, try one of those small clip lanyards for hats. I've had hats blow off dozens of time at 60mph in boats and it keeps it with me. Short enough that it should not interfere with head movement. Clip it to your mask strap.

4. FarrellX

FarrellX Member

duh, the mask strap. that seems so obvious. i wanted to leash it but couldn't think of anything other then running something down to my belt.....

5. crabster

crabster Member

i saw divers using them in florida they had them on poles and were sticking them in little caves to film they must of got some nice video

6. kapoc

kapoc Junior member

i dummy cord it to my mask somthing about going for a ride and losing a 300 buck cam dosent sit well lol

7. englishadam

englishadam Member

I would use a cord or something people loose them for sure I found one last summer diving in Key Largo.

8. lsheaf

lsheaf Senior Member

My friend actually uses a chest strap when spearfishing. I don't know if he adjusts it so it captures whatever is in front of him or something else.