360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Idk what browser I need to use to be able to successfully navigate that site .. had anyone else continued to wanna make purchases but have issues ?

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
Idk what browser I need to use to be able to successfully navigate that site .. had anyone else continued to wanna make purchases but have issues ?
THe website has a very odd quirk with cookies, I have not been able to solve it and honestly I don't like being forced to clear the cookies, so try this please, just make up the second part of the URL ie
www.tacklenow.com/rods
www.tacklenow.com/jigging

At least that way the site does load but your landing at a "made up page" so you will have to navigate to where to you want to go.

Known issue, working on it, I think its a quirk of BC where I host the site

·
Retired Member
4,936 Posts
I like it! For its price I think it’s a great rod. The last few times out I did some extra lifting and steering with no issues.

Benny

·
828 Posts
That's nice how do u like the rod I just got it for 90$
Good price! Just got mine Black model. I think it's the same rod as the green, just different color.

The last few times out I did some extra lifting and steering with no issues.
Benny
I was drunk enough today to try lifting a 20lbs dumbbell. Managed to highstick it but didn't lift the dumbbell up.

·
Retired Member
4,936 Posts
Haha! Good to hear you were drunk before attempting this feat! Lol That is impressive to high stick such a light action rod with a 20lb deadlift. I've done many deadlifts when jigging world first started its line of rods. Start out with 5lbs and add weight for every lift. Man I liked that job! Wish I kept my own records and pics. It would be interesting looking back on some of the weights and bends.

Benny

F2A62510-02B8-4486-A938-C955378186B3.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a Goofish Black. The reason being I already have a Benny model Levitate 68-1 with an Ocea Custom F. The Goofish will wear a Seigler LGN on it. When buddies ask to borrow a SPJ setup on the boat guess which one they are getting handed...... Sometimes cheap and good enough is all you need.

·
Retired Member
4,936 Posts
Still enjoying the Goo’s ?
Yes! I use them for my head boat SPJing. Save the high priced and overseas medals for charters. No problems at all and not treated with any special care except for cleaning. Actually they get kinda beat up with the head boat rides.

Benny

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just recently purchased the orange micro rod to target freshwater species from my kayak in Oklahoma. I put an old accurate 197 on it and will probably get my first shot at using it this weekend.

·
Retired Member
4,936 Posts
I just recently purchased the orange micro rod to target freshwater species from my kayak in Oklahoma. I put an old accurate 197 on it and will probably get my first shot at using it this weekend.
Nice! A vintage Boss 197. The reel that started the little powerhouse reel craze. Still have mine in a limited black camo. You’re going to love the orange goofish!

Benny

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice! A vintage Boss 197. The reel that started the little powerhouse reel craze. Still have mine in a limited black camo. You’re going to love the orange goofish!

Benny
Thanks for the encouraging words. I love that reel. It is the version before the accucast knob was added. I have used it for salmon and halibut trolling in the Bay Area, fishing yellowtail and school sized yellowfin offshore SoCal, and now hopefully it’s going to be used to winch in some hybrid striped bass. I don’t think I’ve ever got a better deal on a reel. Guy sold it to me with 30# braid with box and paperwork for $125, said he never really even caught a fish with it. I’m excited to try it with the orange rod, just need to find a handle knob upgrade now!

·
Retired Member
4,936 Posts
Thanks for the encouraging words. I love that reel. It is the version before the accucast knob was added. I have used it for salmon and halibut trolling in the Bay Area, fishing yellowtail and school sized yellowfin offshore SoCal, and now hopefully it’s going to be used to winch in some hybrid striped bass. I don’t think I’ve ever got a better deal on a reel. Guy sold it to me with 30# braid with box and paperwork for $125, said he never really even caught a fish with it. I’m excited to try it with the orange rod, just need to find a handle knob upgrade now!
Yes! $125 is a great price for that reel. I’m sure you’ll be able to find another handle and knob for the reel. I put a handle on mine that I had from another reel. I will check and see if I can figure which reel or where I got it from. But for starters I would check out jigging world, thttps://tackleworld.com/accurate/ hey have handles and knobs for most reels. Also REV on FB (Log into Facebook ) a company overseas. I purchased a custom orange handle with a carbon fiber t-bar knob for an accurate valiant 500N. They made it quickly but wait was a bit long for delivery. Was held up in customs for about a month.

Benny

41 - 60 of 70 Posts