360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about these goofish rods ? They have a website and they sell on amazon.
GOOFISH Solid Nano Blank Slow Pitch Jigging Rod Light Shore Jigging Rod Slow Action Pitch Rod Pe 2-4 1.98m(6'6")

·
Retired Member
4,949 Posts
Never heard of them? Looking at the videos and seeing their specs the price seems worth a try, especially if you buy 2 get 50% the second rod. But a spinning and a conventional in my cart and the cost was $192. with free shipping. Reel tempting even though I don’t need them.

Benny

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
I received mine. Looks great. I cant wait to test in the keys in april.
I saw two dozen or more different rods last week at the China Fish show, they all "looked great" how they move the jig is another story. I cannot tell you how many of my rod sales start with "Well I bought the XYZ, Didn't catch any fish on it ... but I hear good things about Levitate"

·
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed. That's why I'm going to try it out. There seems to be a lot of excess certainty around here these days.

·
Site Sponsor
3,887 Posts
Well I think by nature fisherman will always seek that "Magic" bait, although I personally put zero creedence into it, I've stocked and sold 500 packages of that stupid Orange Gulp, really as a loss leader, just to drive traffic to our site or booth. I Can't tell you how many guys have frantically texted me wanted to drive over "with cash to buy every pack I had" it got stale fast. Same thing with a bargain. I think the real bargains are hitting the flea market circuit and buying top quality names at a discount or here on 360, buying a cheap rod at a cheap price, is usually just another rod taking up space in the garage.... but hopefully it works out and you catch some fish on it, if not I'll be here, as Captain John would say, Standying by ....

·
Retired Member
4,949 Posts
I have tried this rod in Costa Rica last year. That's a good rod but the one rated for 300gr is best for 200gr max. Beside of that, a friend tried to break it deadlifting 15# weight....... The rod is still in great shape.
Love the bright color, it's easy to see the if movement!
Great to hear about the deadlift, but did you get any hookups when slow pitch Jigging? I am curious if this rod moves a SPJ correctly through the water when Jigging. It seems kind of whippy to me in the videos.

Benny

·
104 Posts
Yes, we caught a load of fishs with it! Snappers, jacks, small tunas fishs up to 15-20#. This rod is more flexible and have more spring than other rods in the boat. It move the jigs very well but, to 300gr max on my opinion.

·
414 Posts
Sooner than later the whole “conspiracy” about a (made in China) SPJ blank having to cost $280 and having to be this brand or that brand is ending sooner than later. Do not get caught up on it, its all bull shit. Within the next few years you will no longer have to have a “secret magical blank” to slow pitch properly. As a matter of fact check out the latest $299 rod by Major Craft made out of NANO carbon. And more companies to come out with reasonable and competitive offerings. Just like jigs.... the fish does not give it rats ass whether your jig was made on a Chinesse mold or Japanese mold or if you paid $11.99 or $39.99 for a 250gm jig.

Never before in the history of fishing have we seen fishermen trying to screw fellow fishermen to the high levels in today’s “computer fishermen” atmosphere. We’ve always helped each other out, I had a lengthy conversation about it with Rick Murphy, what’s happening in the SPJ world is all new to USA fishermen, don’t get caught up in all the hype and stigma. Fish Hard, and BTW you don’t need a $50 shirt either.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts