360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a goofish blue rod and saw the elevate rod and is much lighter, I also saw the gravitate. Is it worth it to get a gravitate versus the elevate it seems they are very similar. Or should I just keep the goofish. I just started out and I fish of pompano beach. I'm also using a shimano speedmaster 12 which seems heavy.

·
Site Sponsor
3,881 Posts
I got a goofish blue rod and saw the elevate rod and is much lighter, I also saw the gravitate. Is it worth it to get a gravitate versus the elevate it seems they are very similar. Or should I just keep the goofish. I just started out and I fish of pompano beach. I'm also using a shimano speedmaster 12 which seems heavy.
Good morning. I send a TON of tackle to the Pompano area LOTS of guys getting into Slow Pitch down there. The Speedmaster is a tank for trolling and maybe jigging for a few minutes here or there, its not going to give you a very balance on anyone's rod, just too heavy and its not made for that. IF your a Shimano fan you want to be looking at Trinidad 12s/16/16NA or the Ocea Jiggers same sizes 1500 (12) or 2000 (16Frame) paired with a thin very high quality braid #20 to #30 max. These reels are much lighter and will give you a better balance and feel. Rods - of course I'm partial to our House brand Palmarius - its a once piece rod, like the majority of the serious Japanese rods (SFC, Yamaga, Beats, Evergreen, Majorcraft) and I will discount to Members (PM me for a coupon code). I also like the Yamaga Galahad Slow line if you prefer something with a slightly faster tapper.

https://tacklenow.com/shimano-ocea-...6-ea1f-4d82-b334-d093fe8eb900&showHidden=true

https://tacklenow.com/palmarius-p-series-slow-pitch-jigging-rods-66-198cm/

Again ;) PM me for a coupon code

·
Retired Member
4,785 Posts
First thing you need to change for jigging is the speedmaster. If you like the feel of the GooFish and the model you have works with your jig weights then try it with a Shimano ocea Jigger! But if you want to get another rod other than the blue goofish then don’t leave the Palmarius SPJ rods off your list, like both previous posts suggest. Plus a coupon code for a discount at “Tackle Now”

Benny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually did not know that about the Reel I actually went to a store and they told me that that was a very good reel for slow pitch jigging

Good morning. I send a TON of tackle to the Pompano area LOTS of guys getting into Slow Pitch down there. The Speedmaster is a tank for trolling and maybe jigging for a few minutes here or there, its not going to give you a very balance on anyone's rod, just too heavy and its not made for that. IF your a Shimano fan you want to be looking at Trinidad 12s/16/16NA or the Ocea Jiggers same sizes 1500 (12) or 2000 (16Frame) paired with a thin very high quality braid #20 to #30 max. These reels are much lighter and will give you a better balance and feel. Rods - of course I'm partial to our House brand Palmarius - its a once piece rod, like the majority of the serious Japanese rods (SFC, Yamaga, Beats, Evergreen, Majorcraft) and I will discount to Members (PM me for a coupon code). I also like the Yamaga Galahad Slow line if you prefer something with a slightly faster tapper.

Again ;) PM me for a coupon code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts