360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a family trip late July to Galveston. Looking to get on the water for a half day trip in the afternoon with my wife and one of her friends to hopefully get some fresh fish for the evening. Just wondering if any of yall have some recommendations? I've got my favorites for Port A but I've never booked a private trip out of Galveston before.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Taking a family trip late July to Galveston. Looking to get on the water for a half day trip in the afternoon with my wife and one of her friends to hopefully get some fresh fish for the evening. Just wondering if any of yall have some recommendations? I've got my favorites for Port A but I've never booked a private trip out of Galveston before.
Hey Tom! Haven't been on a charter out of Gtown since our last Tuna trip but, Capt. Keepers (Capt. Bob Reynolds) out of the Yacht Basin is who I usually go out with. He does both inshore and offshore. He will put you on some fish!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oliver! I'll look him up tomorrow.

Did you get a spot for this fall? We are on the Oct 28th run. Would be great to fish with you again!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both for the recommendation! I called Capt. Bob but unfortunately he was booked the day I can go. Instead we talked for half an hour and then he gave me a list of folks he would recommend. I got booked with Capt. Derrick at In The Zone Charters. I would love the chance to fish with Capt. Bob next time, really enjoyed talking to him!

By the way Capt. Matt, he was really tickled that you recommended him.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats unfortunate Tom. I was hoping you'd get a trip with Capt Bob.
I actually know Derrick (aka Pork Chop...well, thats how he introduced himself to me) back in my pier fishing days. I tell ya, we caught a boat load sharks wheneve we fished. He too is a great/knowledgeable Capt. Very friendly, sociable guy and a joy to be around. Good Luck and load up the coolers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts