GOM Tuna Trip

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by rtran, Apr 5, 2009.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Anybody interested in doing a 30-52 hour tuna trip between mid june to july?
    I'm waiting for a few rods and I should have them by then so I want to kill some tuna. Haven't looked into what boats are available but I have Big E, Scat Cat and maybe Pelican.

2. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I thought you don't fish for a while as you sell good poppers. :)

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Or maybe Panama?
    Price is all inclusive 6000 or 1500/pp with 4 anglers for 5 days full fishing, flight not included

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I thought you don't fish for a while as you sell good poppers. :)

I'm still here Kil, just a little cooped up at work. I've got some rods I'm waiting on so can't fish of late. Hoping to get out as soon as I can though.

5. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

rich ill be fishing then if i can get an extra spot on a boat ill let you know

6. txcards

txcards Senior Member

Rich and Bret, let me know if you guys put something together. I'm down as long as I don't have work travel then. I'd probably be down for the panama thing if I can make it work with my schedule. Keep me in the loop fellas.

7. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Hey.......
    I'm dyin over here........

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Sounds good Bret.

Greg and Brian I'll keep you posted. =)

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I've emailed DSH as I saw a cheap trip online and inquired about any other trips not posted. Will update soon. I've sailed on DSH Pelican before and I feel it's a good boat that's fairly fast to fish on. See my report on that boat.

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

No other trips planned as of yet with DSH, only the one listed on their main page at deepseaheadquarters.com.
    Scat cat has a few trips coming up as I posted in the Scat Cat charter boats thread.
    Will wait to see if Big E updates price this following week.

11. rtran

rtran Senior Member

12. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

rtran - any idea how much fuel the Bertram burns using the same destinations as the Big E (floaters and bottom fishing)? What's its crusing speed?

13. rtran

rtran Senior Member

rtran - any idea how much fuel the Bertram burns using the same destinations as the Big E (floaters and bottom fishing)? What's its crusing speed?

Louis,

I don't know those details as of yet but will find out if further interest arrises. I just put it up after seeing your post on the boat. I'm assuming over 20kt easily if we wanted to and destroys seas LOL

Rich

14. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Rich, if this goes in july count me in. I will even bring that gorilla 12 for a visit!
    BTW- You should probably expect somewhere between 850-1000gal fuel burn on the 54' Bert with those engines!

15. rtran

rtran Senior Member

edit:

going up north for bluefin!