GOM Party Boat Tackle Box

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by scubaarchery, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Capt.matt

Capt.matt Fishing Guru

Buccees in Texas City still has quite a few but some colors are sold out.

Tailhook likes this.
  2. ED SUSTALA

ED SUSTALA Member

Not a new saltwater tackle store....the new sporting goods store "Scheels" has a great saltwater and offshore selection (Off to the side with it's own aisle on the 2nd floor). My bad, it is actually in The Colony (close to Frisco) - 4450 Destination Drive, The Colony , TX 75056

Gonefishings likes this.

3. TomH

TomH Active Member

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

figures..:rolleyes:
    Lived in Little Elm for 17 years, left 4 years ago.

5. Mpro2

Mpro2 Well-Known Member

If you're coming down from Houston, stop at Bucee's in Texas City at the Holland exit on I45. They usually have a decent selection of Halco 130's at a very reasonable price. You can also pick up sardines or whatever frozen bait you would like to bring aboard.

Gonefishings and Tailhook like this.
  6. Mpro2

Mpro2 Well-Known Member

Sorry Capt. Matt, you beat me too it! Lol!

7. FWM0103

FWM0103 Member

Serious Tackle in LaMarque had some last time I was there.

8. Mpro2

Mpro2 Well-Known Member

Ebay is showing about seven available colors right now for $15.00 each and free shipping. Both pink colors are available too! Dang, I have enough, but so tempting!!!

Tailhook likes this.
  9. Tailhook

Tailhook Member

Thanks Mpro2. Just bought a couple on Ebay.

Mpro2 likes this.
  10. Striker Tackle

Striker Tackle Sponsors

Let me know the next time you have a private trip scheduled and I will send some tackle for giveaways.

11. Mpro2

Mpro2 Well-Known Member

Question about Yummee's and Frenzy's....what size, color, rigged or non-rigged, Amazon, E-bay, or any other advise? Thanks!

12. Tailhook

Tailhook Member

Halcos came in. I can’t wait to put these bad boys to work. 5E226C8A-44D9-41E8-BF97-91A147CB55AE.jpeg

13. scubaarchery

scubaarchery Senior Member

I buy the pink frenzy and fish them as rigged. I basically freeline them out over the chunks reel them fast for 10-15 sec and let them soak some more...

14. lepidus23

lepidus23 Member

Hey guys,

Relatively new to this forum and really new to anything Tuna although I’ve been on the NB for the last 25 plus years during 12 hour trips. This summer I took the 12 year old on three really good 12 hour trips and we both talked each other into a tuna trip so I’ve been gearing up for it over the last month. Lots to look at and buy. I have the poppers and the 130’s with new installed hooks, bottom jigs and three rigs (one being a spinning reel). My question is about the night time jig (if that’s the go to method). I have the Williams abyss jigs with blue pink and glow and I have the dawai jigs one blue one pink that do not glow and are for daytime stuff. I also have 7 glow jigs, Shimano butterfly and Ahi USA glow diamond jigs. 6 and 8oz. These are straight glow in color nothing else as opposed to the Williamson jigs that have nice pattern and glow features. My question is for Matt or anyone else about the straight glow ones from AHI. Do people use the unicolor all glow variety to a successful rate or are they over looked or not successful in the gulf? The reason I ask is I haven’t seen them featured in images or threads about gear. Usually those threads focus on a glow jig that also has pattern and other colors. Thanks for all intel in advance, hope the weather is great on the 15th and 16th....

15. TomH

TomH Active Member

I've been on a number of tuna trips and just took my first trip with GPB las week. I can tell you the all glow speed jigs were getting hit on every drop. I started with a William's Benthos in pink with some glow highlights. I got a couple of fish on 20 or so drops. When I switched to an all glow speed jig I got nailed almost every drop. I have 30 lbs of jigs and used 2. My vote would be keep some all glow in your arsenal. Style didn't seem to matter but all glow and 250 gram seemed to work well for me and most others near me.

Gonefishings likes this.
  16. scubaarchery

scubaarchery Senior Member

I use pink and chartreuse glow, i have some that are solids and some that have patterns but I normally focus on what color and shape they are biting vs. if they have a pattern. Jigging is not the preferred method that I use to catch yellowfin, its really my option of last resort but they work for me for both blackfin and yellowfin.

Gonefishings likes this.
  17. lepidus23

lepidus23 Member

Thanks for the input I really don’t expect to do much Jigging after dark but I plan to have the kiddo jigging or watching the chunk line; a little too young to be casting around other people on a big boat.

18. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

jigging works great after dark. all colors work. glow is good,
    the blackfin love it, which will be the majority of tuna caught on jigs. Yellows respond to jigs, just not as well as they do to poppers, plugs and chunk.
    bring 5 or 6 jigs each. unless you get sliced by cuda's, that should be enough for the trip.
    OTI Jaeger, R2S turkey slider and Hooker Anathan (or their "knockoffs") are other very productive jig styles. gold hammered diamond jigs in 200g are also quite productive, and relatively cheap.

19. Tx_Balbuzard

Tx_Balbuzard Member

Lures are sorted except for some yummers, poppers, or stick baits. I picked up the following:
    Striker Big Eye (set of 3) in each color 6oz
    " glow in 8oz.
    Striker 250g Slow Drop jigs(set of 5) 1 in each color
    Striker 200g Slider jigs(set of 5) 1 in each color

Halco Max 130 × 5
    2 fusilear
    2 pink chrome
    1 stripey

Williamson Bethos Knife jigs all with glow × 5
    2× 200g
    3×150g

Offshore Angler Freestyle jigs forgot weight