360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Canyon Runner's report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick real time report from down off of Morehead City to let everyone know the fishing is starting to look good. We had our first shot today on our third day of fishing and made the most of it putting a 94" giant in the boat. It was a rigger bite on a Joe Shute lure and the crew made quick work of a tail wrapped fish putting it in the boat in about 18 minutes.

There have been a few fish caught already including a beutiful fish that cored out at 511 pounds and today there seems to be bites spread out in a couple different areas so hopefully we are looking at the start of something good.

·
2,753 Posts
Just read the report. Are they the same breed that left Cape Cod only over a month ago?
dante, you have plans already?

·
89 Posts
There's only been a few fish landed and alot of rumors..Fishing has started of pretty slow but hopefully after this next front a few more fish will show up..There's been no more than 10 fish killed since guys started fishing in Nov..

·
89 Posts
Not many Jim, most guys have been waiting for something to happen..aside from not many fish around the weather has been pretty bad and now we have another front moving through, looking like friday being the next day to fish, that wil be my first day out, been working on the Gags because we know were that fishery is going!!

·
726 Posts
It's been a slow start but a slow start is better than no start.My buddy Shane on the "Fighting Lady" landed one today.It will heat up soon.
As usual, the weather is not the best but it really never is this time of the year.
It will get better, just give it a week or two_One of my customers at the boatyard called two days ago and I will start preparing the boat and gear soon down here in the Cape Fear area.

·
726 Posts
Now your talking Glen,
I would rather jig and pop for schoolies than troll for giant's.I have a good friend out of Oregon Inlet who will let me know as soon as they show up.He gave us some good info last year that worked out good for Chip and the crowd.

·
2,924 Posts
Now your talking Glen,
I would rather jig and pop for schoolies than troll for giant's.I have a good friend out of Oregon Inlet who will let me know as soon as they show up.He gave us some good info last year that worked out good for Chip and the crowd.

David please let me know when they show up, I need to fish badly

·
726 Posts
Will do Glen! Stay in touch with Chip and myself.I already have a place for us to stay in Nags Head.
I need to catch fish also,it's been an extremely busy summer and fall.

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
I'm jealous. It seems like the fishing just stopped up here in MA and there is snow on the ground and more coming tonight, yet I want to go fishing for BFT. Weird.

·
Site Sponsor
1,504 Posts
I am in Morehead and Harkers Island now and ready and able to fish BF if anyone has an opp. Private boat, share a charter, or join a commercial effort. I really hoped to go for a 300 lb one jigging, but looks like no one else is simmilarily afflicted! The 14 foot seas of today would take some getting used to!
Randy
804-690-6868

Randy
804-690-6868

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
I would like to get down.
There are a few of my JPR prostaff guys down there.

I really dont care if i catch, just want to watch the rods work:D

we may be putting something together for early next year,
we have been talking about it for a while.

i will keep you in mind...it will be fun.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when do the schoolie 180-200 pound fish move into hatteras area?
Glenn, as Jim said they started to show up by late Feb and fishing was good for whole month of March. I had wonderful trips in mid/late March.

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Glenn, as Jim said they started to show up by late Feb and fishing was good for whole month of March. I had wonderful trips in mid/late March.
yep, only 12 weeks or so and counting..

Cant wait.

still got some fishing before then.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts