360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Timezero with furrunos DFF3D?
Allows for mapping the bottom and 120° sonar out to 600 ft

·
Just a guy who likes to fish
2,993 Posts
I just picked up a garmin GT51M-TM for my boat so will be able to run both sidevu and downvu on my boat. :)

·
5,693 Posts
What screens are you running the GT51 on ???
I run 8412 & 8410 on GT54 & B175HW & 800Khz Livescope with a lowrance HDS 9 running P66 ( when required for bottom type discrimination) , but mostly as a dedicated plotter with Navionics Platinum+ charts .
Replacing the GT54 with a GT56 as soon as first shipment arrives in Oz ( order has been in since December ). Fantastic detail from the GT54 on 1.2Mhz...........but range is limited.
Chirp is great for fish but not very good for bottom substrate type ID...........hence the P66 on 50Khz on the HDS ...........flick of a button when required.

·
2,993 Posts
I've been running the 1242xsv with a 741xs off a B175 networked. But now that I also have the GT51M it won't work with the 741xs so I'll just plug the B175 into it and the GT51M directly into the 1242xsv. Will give me a few more options regarding sonar and I can still use both units for GPS and radar.

·
619 Posts
What screens are you running the GT51 on ???
I run 8412 & 8410 on GT54 & B175HW & 800Khz Livescope with a lowrance HDS 9 running P66 ( when required for bottom type discrimination) , but mostly as a dedicated plotter with Navionics Platinum+ charts .
Replacing the GT54 with a GT56 as soon as first shipment arrives in Oz ( order has been in since December ). Fantastic detail from the GT54 on 1.2Mhz...........but range is limited.
Chirp is great for fish but not very good for bottom substrate type ID...........hence the P66 on 50Khz on the HDS ...........flick of a button when required.
My friend had what was a dedicated plotter I guess. We used it to figure out our drift, he'd hit a button right before we dropped and then again when we were cranking up to go back to the number. Quite a useful tool, one time we figured we drifted a mile in five minutes being in the gulf stream.

·
2,993 Posts
My friend had what was a dedicated plotter I guess. We used it to figure out our drift, he'd hit a button right before we dropped and then again when we were cranking up to go back to the number. Quite a useful tool, one time we figured we drifted a mile in five minutes being in the gulf stream.
This is why I also just added a rhodan trolling motor to my boat. Controlled drifts and anchor lock for one spot.

·
5,693 Posts
GPS spotlock systems are sooooooo useful. I run a 24V Minnkota 80# unit.

drifting with SPs fishing for Snapper is a good technique on offshore reefs, but wind & current rarely work together to get the drift speed that works for you. Have given up looking for a commercial sea anchor/drogue that works for my boat & conditions & have been making my own .............I'm up to a 6 panel 5M circumference & that seems to be managing +15Kn wind..........much beyond that & its time to do something else.

·
5,693 Posts
In general I don't like split screen presentations & I hate flicking between pages. about the only split screen I use is 50Khz P66 /GPS when I am approaching a reef etc where I am looking for the gravel/broken bottom right at the edge of the reef structure etc. Back to fullscreen GPS when I am traveling to the next spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone running Timezero with furrunos DFF3D?
Allows for mapping the bottom and 120° sonar out to 600 ft
I was using DFF3D off a TZT2 plotter and TimeZero Pro for WASSP.
The TZT2 cannot extend the display to additional monitors or record bathymetry so pulling it out during current refit.
New setup uses a DFF3 to run a 2 KW transducer and the WASSP via TimeZero Pro.
You will need to purchase the PBG and DFF3D modules in addition to TZPro.

·
2,067 Posts
In general I don't like split screen presentations & I hate flicking between pages. about the only split screen I use is 50Khz P66 /GPS when I am approaching a reef etc where I am looking for the gravel/broken bottom right at the edge of the reef structure etc. Back to fullscreen GPS when I am traveling to the next spot.
I'm with you on that Dennis. The only way to find new good spots is to watch the bottom between known spots. If I get a decent show, I mark it, if it looks hot I'll circle back and drop on it to see what comes up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts