Genuine Striking RATTLESNAKE Shikari Spinning Rod

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Armbreaker Custom Rods, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Armbreaker Custom Rods Site Sponsor

Just finished up a wicked looking Rattlesnake spinning rod.
    Shikari Graphite 6'9" 10/17#
    Fish it and or a wall hanger.
    Talk about a conversation piece!
    Heres the video I put together for this guy.
    Enjoy and thanks for watching!
    Dave
    YouTube - Genuine Striking Rattlesnake Shikari Spinning Rod
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just was sent these pictures of this HUGE Ratler they nailed not far from me! These babys are getting really big these days with all the WILD BOAR we have running around.Guess I will have to use a 130 IGFA or Unlimited blank now for my next Ratler Rod!Hahaha

2. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

crazy sick! i would get bit tryin' to use that thing. did you leave in the venom glands?

3. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Yeah, no kidding. Amazing work!

4. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

5. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

I would be way too scare to use this rod...If I don't catch a fish..it might bite me...LOL!!

6. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

can you imagine after being up fishing for hours on end and your mind starts playing tricks from sleep deprivation. staring at the water looking for busting tuna and boom you look down and see a damn snake in your hand?

7. Armbreaker Custom Rods

crazy sick! i would get bit tryin' to use that thing. did you leave in the venom glands?

No Venom left..hahaha..professionally taxidermied and were removed..I was concerned with that as I was working with that..I was all over it as you can imagine and even so,was very careful and cautious..I see him in my sleep now,,lol ~ Nah..but this was a fun build to say the least!
    Anyone have any other idea's for a head on there? I was thinkinga eel next..working on a crocodile on the side now..this is tougher than the snakes head by far. I really want a cuda's head,,now that would be bad _(*)(**

8. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Since you asked, I reckon a rod with red effect like an evil tongue coming outa that snakes mouth would look deadly

9. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Dave do you have any Shikari SW or MU blanks ???..

10. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Dave do you have any Shikari SW or MU blanks ???..
    I have all SHII blanks Richie 33 mil graphite,, all 6'6" and under now,,mostly 6' and up to 17# probally have 150 or so left out there

11. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

I have all SHII blanks Richie 33 mil graphite,, all 6'6" and under now,,mostly 6' and up to 17# probally have 150 or so left out there

Thanks I'm looking for 6'6" to 7' musky & saltwater blanks 12-20 & 15-30lb..When they went out I bought three dozen or so I have two left..Great blanks

By the way you do some very nice work..........

12. Armbreaker Custom Rods

Thank you very much Captain Richie!
    Yes they are superb blanks indeed..dont know why they had enough and folded up though. Hang onto them like gold.

13. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

i like the snake head.
    do the jaws move?

14. Armbreaker Custom Rods

i like the snake head.
    do the jaws move?
    Hi Paul,Thanks so much! Its wicked looking isnt it?
    Nothing moves on the head..professionally Taxidermied,,venom is gone also if you were wondering..lol.
    Fangs are the new style hook keeper...

15. Armbreaker Custom Rods

i like the snake head.
    do the jaws move?

Paul,look at the fresh set of JAWS.Imagine that sinking in ya! Man are those fangs huge or what? Notice the pocket knife there and they are much bigger that that!They are running rampant here and eating all the wild boar! Fattening up! hahaha