GEM 2006 with Capt Tomeny

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Deep_Sea_Gull, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

I arrived early in Port Fourchon and took advantage of the photo opportunity.

This is the Captain's fuel storage and transportation system. I would call him self sufficient.

[​IMG]

This is the bunkhouse and office above.

[​IMG]

The part of the docks that I could fit in this image. This is only half!
    I am standing on the deck outside the office.

[​IMG]

A couple shots of the Caribbean Sea, the dock and fish cleaning area.
    I was impressed that the fish cleaning table was fiberglass instead of wood.
    Further, the deckhands scrubbed and washed it thoroughly.

[​IMG]

Well, 4 picts to the post....

2. Deep_Sea_Gull

[​IMG]

The images in the gallery are larger and show more details...

3. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Keep it coming!

The pics are great so far!

4. ram

ram Junior member

DSG the "motel/apartments" i mentioned before ya'll went would have been where the fence is to the left side of the boat along the road after it curves to the left. Guess Katrina ate them up, cause they're not there anymore!

5. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Hey ram- Capt Tomeny did have pictures inside the bunkhouse of the Katrina damage.

Wow it was destructive!

The pics showed very high water lines all around where we were and trash and debris around and inside the bunk house.

6. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

Did anyone stay at the hotel right there in the marina? We stayed there last winter for a lump trip, it was cheap and very adequate.

Brad

7. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a hotel.

If you're fishing with Capt Tomeny, it's really hard to beat the bunkhouse on value and location.

Especially if you have a bunch of guys!

8. bpitcher

bpitcher Senior Member

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a hotel.

If you're fishing with Capt Tomeny, it's really hard to beat the bunkhouse on value and location.

Especially if you have a bunch of guys!
    Maybe we're talking about the same place? It was close to his boats I think, if not right across from them. It was all rooms up on stilts.

Brad

9. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

I think we're talking about the same place, but now it's on a slab foundation.

The bunkhouse is 2 big rooms (one with 10 double bunks, one room table/chairs, sofa, kitchen), TV, and 2 bathrooms?

Remodeled after Katrina!

10. Deep_Sea_Gull

I think that Ram and Bpitcher are talking about the same thing. The place that we stayed had Katrina damage but was built before that time.
    I do have some pictures of the inside of the bunkhouse. I'll try to get them posted up next week. This catching up at work has really limited my time to edit and post pictures.