360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
LD31 said:
I had a few and now its an ammunition concern for FA. My all time favorite was my American 180, surpressed with laser and 177 round drum. I would have never thought then 22lr would be a problem. I sure wish I still had it. One day 3 of us shot 5000 rounds through it, my 1st name is still on the side of my cousins old metal barn in holes.
Thats Awesome! Love it.

Yeah the prices on those American 180s are shocking.. And then the ammo.... geeze

My father always said buying quality firearms was the best investment you could make and always a market for them, it was very true.
In the late 70's or early 80's I had an chance to buy Sn #13 M60 which was a demo from Aberdeen Proving Grounds for evaluation. It was 1 of 25 of the original ones made by Maremount Muffler Co. You could have been fixed for life now if you had that. A friend in Dallas who's father owned a gun shop bought it and there was an article in SOF Magazine on it. I have no clue where it is now.

Did you efile? Efile are running 3-4...if you went the paper route you are prob looking at a year +

longgar said:
I just ordered/paid for the AAC 9" 300 BLK SBR with the AAC 762-SDN-6.... OH ITS GOING TO BE A LOOOOOOOOOOOON 6-7 MONTHS!! DANG IT!

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Update...
Went with the Trust and Used the Efile method..

Ordered the following..
AAC MPW 300 BLK 9" SBR
AAC 762-SDN-6 Suppressor
SilencerCo Octane HD .45 Suppressor

The reasoning..

*AAC SBR 300Blk 9" Seems to be the ultimate SBR and suppressed platform and versatile enough for medium range hunting with supersonic ammo.. Although, it forces me into reloading due to the cost and availability of ammunition.
With this SBR platform, I could just switch barrels out to a 556 (uses same mags/bolt carrier etc..) and shoot it all day for less money
Or
I can simply switch uppers to a 6.8SPC and get a longer range, flatter shooting round.

*762-SDN-6 will be good for .308/7.62x51 all the way down to .223/556 and is suppose to be built strong enough for full auto SBRs. Hopefully will last a lifetime or two ;-)

*SilencerCo Octane .45 HD will work for all pistol calibers as well as 22lr (Although obviously not as well as a dedicated unit). Its built with Stainless steal (Hopefully will last a lifetime or two ;-) and is easy to clean.

**** I could have went with just the SilencerCo Octane for my pistol as well as for the 300 Blk SBR, but I feel I would regret not getting one that would go on a 308 and 223 later down the road..

I had initially said I was going to get a dedicated 22lr suppressor too but decided the value wasn't there for me personally.. Especially since I shoot my M&P15-22 without hearing protection as it is and I don't really want to shoot subsonic through it..

!!!! Food for thought !!!!

I have read that the ATF may change the laws in regard to the NFA items in June. The rumor is that they are going to force you to get a CLEO signature in order to purchase these weapons.. Could prove to be very difficult if not impossible for some people to obtain...

If you are "on the fence" with any of the NFA items, now seems like the time to go ahead and get em..

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I just added a 22 suppressor as well.. Is there anything else I should get before June 1st? Any "Must haves" or did I pretty well cover them all? :) Besides a Select fire M16 ( I wish I could afford that)

*AAC SBR MPW 300 Blk w/ 9" barrel

*AAC 762-SDN-6

*SilencerCO Octane .45 HD

*SilencerCo Sparrow II SS

***Ordered the Sparrow II SS Suppressor from Silencer Shop.com. They have a lot of stuff in stock, make the process VERY simple and Dave was a pleasure to do business with! THx!!

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Efile system was taken offline by the ATF and unknow if and when it will be brought back online...
I canceled my order for the SBR, 762-SDN-6, and Octane 45 HD with the local Dealer since he didnt have anything in stock and was actually waiting on them from the manufacturer (Its been weeks).

I am placing those orders through the Silencershop.com (in Austin) b/c they have them in stock and are cheaper (as soon as the Efile system is back on line). .. All except the SBR which I decieded not to do anymore since I dont know any dealers that actually have them in stock.

When I got mine I had to get the law enforcement signature, then it was not a problem now a nightmare. I was told 1 time by a police chief that "you can force me to sign that but you don't want to and live here!" I have had more full auto than supressors, I have some great pictures in the river bottoms with the BAR.
My 22rf suppressor with bulk ammo all you hear is the firing pin strike where as the old Sionics 556 emits a hi pitch release of air sound.

longgar said:
Was curious if it was worth the price they are going for these days and if the Lage parts will make a HUGE difference in quality / reliability, controlability ..?

Thx
I have been out of the loop for awhile and I am not familiar with the Lage parts, mine is 100% reliable, with the suppressor its very controllable, just accept it what it is, a sub gun. Outside of breaking the firing pin I don't see how you could have a problem, they are very rugged and built like a tank. Mine is an original MAC weapon one of the ones that was supposed to be sent to Cambodia and never was and is marked Camb. If I remember there were 3 manufactures, MAC,SWD,Cobra. There were some parts differences in the SWD I think. When MAC had their bankrupt auction my gun was sold for $7.50.. It is all original with box, sling and matching suppressor. I can hit beer can size targets easy at 25 yds and ammo cans at 75 yds with no problem, that's about it. If I could go back either the American 180 or the Smith & Wesson M76 which was a Carl Gustaf 45 clone would have been what I would like to have back. The worst was a select fire AR7. I handled an original Armalite AR9 and did get to shoot it, you talk about un controllable! 20 12 ga rounds.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Woohoo!!
I got my Tax Stamps in for 3 of my 4 suppressors!!

For those interested.. I filed paper form 4s using a Revocable Living Trust.

I paid/ordered from Silencershop.com located in Austin, TX on April 2nd.
The ATF cashed my $200 tax stamps July 7th.
Recieved Tax Stamps at Silencershop.com Oct 7th.

Quicker than expexted! Im as happy as a kid on Christmas Eve!

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Im feeling soooooo Suppressed..hummm

Pic of my...
Custom DI AR45 8" barrel, Geissele SD trigger w/ Octane .45HD suppressor.
Ruger 22/45 Light w/volquartsen trigger sporting the AAC Element II.
Sig 1911 Tac-Ops .45
Magnum Research MLR22 with Kidd FCG Sporting the Silencer CO Sparrow SS

Next will be 762SDN-6 for my .762x51..

Sorry if this offends any of the gun/freedom haters. I mean, sorry...Sorry for you... ;-p

Attachments

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.