Fuji TKWAG Video

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by toppuntawong, Nov 20, 2009.

1. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

2. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

I have played with the tangle release on this and it does work very well, as long as the line is freely coming off the spool. Any tension at the time of tangle between the guide and the spool such as the line digging in then requires a fair bit of pull to release. This shouldn't be a problem with the higher end reels with very good line lay as long as the spool is tightly packed

Looking forward to your results. How powerful a rod will you be running these on?

3. toppuntawong

Thanks for those videos TG .
    I now, have my doubts about those guides.
    It looks on the videos that when that guy wraps the braid around the guides his pulling out very gentle so it wont wrap around it , but at the speed & pressure that we put when casting on heavy popping rods I think would have the same issue. Rohit ( saga ) mentioned this same concern on his latest post. check it out

Mad Marlin, I did check out on what saqa have said on your post and you are right about the guy on there that he is pulling the line very gentle and it is no where near how fast the line is going out when we are casting. I will be testing it myself and see if it will work like it suppose to.

4. toppuntawong

I have played with the tangle release on this and it does work very well, as long as the line is freely coming off the spool. Any tension at the time of tangle between the guide and the spool such as the line digging in then requires a fair bit of pull to release. This shouldn't be a problem with the higher end reels with very good line lay as long as the spool is tightly packed

Looking forward to your results. How powerful a rod will you be running these on?

saqa, I will put these guides on my KGS so it will be pretty light. I will be posting on here when I find out anything about it.

5. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

There is a plus side though, unlike an MN frame, the line cannot completely wrap the frame bringing everything to an abrupt halt. I can rate its tangle effectiveness as between the MN and the LC but more closer to the LC then the MN. The one benefit this has over the LC is it will allow casting heavier leaders off the spool. LC is fine to around 100lb leaders with good knots but struggles with heavier stuff. The size 30 KW looks like the pick for stripper guide for me as it exhibits less flex once tapes onto a blank

What my concern with the "T"KW is that my situations requiring +100lb leaders MAY turn out to be too much for the frame to handle. I need to get my arse in gear and do some serious testing to find out if my fears are unfounded