360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I discussed with a chief rod designer of Black Hole in Korea, he mentioned that he would use new Fuji Titanium T-KWSG guides for top models of Black Hole spinning jigging/popping rods.
Did anyone use the guides before ? If so, how is your opinion of the guides ?

·
1,334 Posts
Ask Saga. He did some rods with them, and with the guides just wrapped onto the rod, he found that under higher drags, the Titanium frames really flexed a LOT and the feet were trying to pull out from under the wraps. I don't know how the epoxy will do; it may crack quickly around the feet. My concern would be for the ring with that much flex in the frames. Fuji has the same frames, but in Stainless Steel that should be stiffer. Plus the price is HUGE!!! I will probably try the stainless steel frame version, it's a bit less expensive.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f74/new-fuji-tkwag-6784/index3.html#post75063

·
675 Posts
I used a #50 as the stripper on OTI prototype and used MNSGs for the remainder of the rod. TJ said he noticed a difference in distance when compared to the identical rod with all MNSGs.

The 50 is a huge guide about 1" taller than a MNSG 40.

Check out the thread on these guides from a few weeks ago.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would not want to travel with that #50 stripper (guide).
Bret, I am thinking about leaving my rods at my favorite destinations so that I can travel without a rod case. I used to leave my rods on my favorite party boats. :)

·
857 Posts
Bret, I am thinking about leaving my rods at my favorite destinations so that I can travel without a rod case. I used to leave my rods on my favorite party boats. :)
You can always leave some rods with me :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts