friends daughter's first buck

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Bret, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Had to post up about Devan's first buck.. her dad has been trying to put her on a good buck for the past few years.. She is 12, and had been trying to pull the trigger on a buck.. but somehow wasnt able to get it done until this past sunday.. She shot one sow about 180lbs on saturday and finally get her buck late sunday evening.. Here is a pic.. she shot it with her mohawk 243.. in Llano county. Anyway, I've known her since she was 9mos. old and am very proud of her. 10 point 19 1/2 inside spread.. also.. pic of her dad with hog shot by .41mag

Attached Files:

2. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

Good for her! She'll have a great story to tell when she goes back to school... That's a great looking deer!

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Tell her congratulations from me.

4. Rainbowrunner

Rainbowrunner Fishing Guru

Took me about 20 years to get one that nice.

Dale

5. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Shoot I still haven't...my 10 pointer this year at 17.5 was close but not quite. Very nice buck, congrats to her!

Dale

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Dale

I havent shot one that nice either.. She had better take up fishing because it will be a while before she takes a better buck.. Thats one heck of a buck for her first.. Her dad had put her on 10 different bucks that weekend.. and buck fever got the better of her on the first 9 wasnt ablet to get the gun steadied quick enough.