Freezer Alarm

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Deep_Sea_Gull, May 5, 2008.

1. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

We have suffered an unplugged freezer in our house. It's nasty for those that have never been there. Too much lost tuna, deer and such...

I do not EVER want to go there again. I need an inexpensive alarm that will inform us when the freezer is too warm. I have searched google.. I guess that I used the wrong keywords.

Anyone have any experience with an older freezer and an add-on system? Advice please! HEEEEELLLLLLLP!

Thanks in advance!

2. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

You know that is a good question,
    As my deep freeze is in the garage
    on a GFI circuit breaker that also feeds
    the outside plugs. It will trip some times
    when my dear bride and lovley children
    put up a mess of xmas lights. Causing a few near misses.
    I could build a circuit failure monitior and am sure one
    one is for sale somewhere, But would a temp sensor alarm
    be better?? in case the freezer fails from old age or somthing?

I would also like to know what is out there also.

3. Backlash Scott

Backlash Scott Member

Tony, Cabelas has one for $14.99.Take a look at their website.
    Scott

4. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Tony,

Now you have to go fishing to refill freezer! Come down for july 3 trip on big E! There will be lots o compadres.

5. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

I had that happen once. It was like opening a mass grave. The freezer was a chest unit--not too old at the time. I was poor as a church mouse and couldn't afford to, but I closed the lid, nearly barfed, then found a younger neighbor and gave him the damned thing provided he clean it out, dispose of the carnage inside, and get it the hell out of my garage. I have never looked back. Call Obama or Clinton campaign headquarters and tell them you have a perfectly good appliance you want to donate.

Russ

6. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Thanks Scott!
    Cabela's -- Freezer Alarm

That is one that will do the job at a price I can afford.

Check the link out Fishhead... It is a temp. sensor.

Steve, I am working on a fishing trip. Kitchen pass sorta thingy!

Uncle Russ, our unit is a 23 cubic ft chest type. I can not stand that sort of smell myself. My lovely wife has stepped up to the task on cleaning out the freezer. I wish that it was on my carport and not my back porch.
    I like your ideas of offering a political donation. However, I must admit that I won't even give them folks that sort of donation. Something about not pissin' on ifna they were on fire...
    With the price of fertilizer these days... we are going to have some nice compost. Organic gardening used to mean that one cared about the environment. So it'll mean that I can't afford commercial fertilizers....