Freeport Sunday Disappointing but fun

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jaredchasteen, May 20, 2008.

1. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Left around 630 to head out swordin. We managed a 35# ling at the first stop. Then we put a limit of jacks(25-35#s)in the boat. Oh yea around 15 state snappers. Two BFT from Falcon(small). We also lost two swords around 50 feet from the boat. First one pulled the hook right under the boat, i saw him jump in the moon light that was pretty cool. The second wacker hand fed in the light with a large bluerunner. The fish was massive my guess is around 300 or so. we fought him for around 30 minutes and had him 30 feet from the boat and he got his bill wrapped in the leader and cut the 300# leader. We had the poon ready and everything. Just wasnt our night for swordin. We stopped swordin around 230am in 25 knot winds and 6 ft seas. Falcon was brutal. We put some fish in the box but no swords. We will be back at it again soon. No pics i didnt have the camera.

Thankls frank for the oppurtunity to fish with you and thanks to jim for driving his ass off and being a great captain. We will get them soon.

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Jared, sorry to hear about the hard luck.. At least you got to feel some pulls and get some fresh salt h2o on ya..Thanks for the report.. yall will get your swords.. the dues have been paid..