Freeport/Galveston capt reco....

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by LEXPRO, Apr 3, 2008.

1. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

A group of guys want to go fish next week... anybody have any recommendations for a capt in this area that can put us on a good spot to do some jigging. We would love to catch some nice AJ's on jigs and not just soak bait.

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

try
    deepseaheadquarters.com
    underwaterexpeditions.com
    dolphindocks.com

they might have a 12 hour trip that fishes floaters/rigs

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

A group of guys want to go fish next week... anybody have any recommendations for a capt in this area that can put us on a good spot to do some jigging. We would love to catch some nice AJ's on jigs and not just soak bait.

Are you looking for a partyboat or individual??? how many in your group??
    underwaterexpeditions are really the only game in town.. in Freeport.. as far as headboats go..

4. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Sorry, we need a private fast boat one day trip

5. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I think Casey Cundiff (sp) is running a 36 yellowfin out of freeport.. I dont have his contact info.. but he is probably listed in Freeport. He was with Capt Elliotts outfit..

6. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

I think Casey Cundiff (sp) is running a 36 yellowfin out of freeport.. I dont have his contact info.. but he is probably listed in Freeport. He was with Capt Elliotts outfit..

Ive called him in the past and he only runs on weekends... we are looking at thursday...

7. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

Eugene at Galveston Fishing - Galveston Offshore Fishing - Galveston Bay Fishing- Galveston Deep Sea Fishing Charters says he can put us on some fish out of galveston. My group will book at trip with him for thursday but he said sunday is two feet or less and will be a great day to make a trip. If anyone wants to get together and do a trip this sunday let me know. Maybe we can make it happen. Here was his reply on 2cool...

Lex,

Actually it had trip 225's and we replace it with twin 350's, And it is faster...LOL

Aj's, Beeliners, maybe a ling or two in deep water, also maybe some grouper two. also you have a shot at wahoo. Of'course thats not all jigging but should be able to put some nice fish in the box.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lexpro
    Triple 350's? wow... what kind of fishing could we do since snapper season is over, do you do any jigging?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Angler 1
    Hi,

I have a 36' contender with Brand new Yamaha 350's
    By the way Sunday looks awsome. 2 ft seas or less.
    Never know what next thursday weather is going to be but wind is a major factor.

Galveston Fishing - Galveston Offshore Fishing - Galveston Bay Fishing- Galveston Deep Sea Fishing Charters

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Cool, glad you found a ride

9. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

wow thursday looks horrible...