360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
I killed one about 5 yrs back that was amazingly similar... (will find & post pix later) He'd lost his gonads, guessing from an accident. But otherwise 100% male buck...

He was a monster! We called him el diablo....

He was by himself feeding in a greenfield in the middle of rut, had about an inch of fat all over, and field dressed at 226lbs. :eek: (In Alabama 180-200lbs is considered a big deer even though there are some that are obvioulsy bigger.)

That joker had nothing to do but wander around and eat all day!

Later,
Jason

·
169 Posts
Now that one is unusual...I wonder if he had some sort of injury or something that caused it.

Earl

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that one is unusual...I wonder if he had some sort of injury or something that caused it.

Earl

I zoomed in on one of the pics and theres a pretty good scar on the inside of his left ham.. might of got his nutz....... He's going down if I seem him during archery season.. if not we will let my neighbors boy get him..

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, very similar.. and what was his testicular condition??? injury or no gottee.????

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
No nuts... No visible wounds/scars, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time checkin out his junk either! ;) May have been like that since birth or an injury a long time before I shot him. Tough to say...

He still had velvet and soft antler growth around the bases in January! Jaw aged at ~7 years, which is really unusual around here. (Due to very liberal seasons/harvest allowances and the fact that many clubs still have no mgt programs around here.)

Later!
Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts