Fokeeto Trevally Rods

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by rebel, Feb 26, 2009.

1. rebel

rebel Senior Member

I was looking through Angler's Pro Shop & came across Zenaq rods. They seem to be priced fairly well for the quality! Any experience or feedback on the Fokeeto Trevally series? They dont mention the rods weights & max drag in their websites!

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

hey rebel, i would suggest calling sami at anglers proshop. he will put you on the perfect rod. i went through alot of tackle. first by reading reviews and by word of mouth. it is hard to find what your looking for when you cannot physically feel or bend it. i have talked with sami on a few occasions and got excellent advice. the two rods i got through his recommendations were perfect.

3. gman

gman Senior Member

I owned the Fooketo Trevally 83-5 and it is a great rod, real sensative tip with great backbone caught tuna up to and over the 150 range and several striped Marlin on it as well. Great long casting rod with great components

4. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

I've fished an FC76-7 the last 3 seasons and love it. Zenaq rods are very well made and easier casting than some of the ultra premiums like Carpenter. I would not hesitate to use one on tuna up to 150lbs if you're fishing private boats. Drag up to about 23-24 lbs is appropriate for this rod.

To me, the rod has a action better suited for poppers to 110g and stickbaits to 140g. If you're looking for a rod to fish big blooping poppers, I'd look to Carpenter, they're my preferred rod for that application.

I can guarantee though, it will take more abuse than you would think.

5. rebel

rebel Senior Member

I've fished an FC76-7 the last 3 seasons and love it. Zenaq rods are very well made and easier casting than some of the ultra premiums like Carpenter. I would not hesitate to use one on tuna up to 150lbs if you're fishing private boats. Drag up to about 23-24 lbs is appropriate for this rod.

To me, the rod has a action better suited for poppers to 110g and stickbaits to 140g. If you're looking for a rod to fish big blooping poppers, I'd look to Carpenter, they're my preferred rod for that application.

I can guarantee though, it will take more abuse than you would think.

Is it a light weight rod or a heavy one?

Thanx for sharing.

6. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Is it a light weight rod or a heavy one?

Thanx for sharing.

I don't know the exact weight of it, but the rod is lightweight. I would say (based on feel, not measurements) that the Zenaq is a little heavier than an equivalent Hots or Carpenter. It is certainly not a "heavy" rod though, I can easily cast it for hours.

7. Go Deep

Go Deep Member

I started using the FC76-7 late last summer and have been quite pleased with the rod using it for casting, jigging and general purpose spinning applications in the GOM. This is my second Zenaq rod and the quality is excellent.

Ed