360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Flying fish nets?? on Cinco Tuna...

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SkeeterRonnie 
#1 ·
TFF is down, which it needs to be to get the server issue fixed....:mad:

I have a question for the people going on the CInco Tuna trip... is anyone bringing a net for flying fish??? If NOT, should I get to work on building a couple(one for each side)???? No sweat here- can get the black net ends at Academy, and get some aluminum pool ploes to attach them to. Then I guess I would just give them away back at the dock. I am sure McGolfer and Snagged could use them WAY more than I.:cool:

G
#4 ·
flying fish are for those who can't catch a tuna any other way...lol...the only problem with anything over 15ft is trying to control it on a rocking boat. with the ability to lengthen it or make it shorter that would be great....rick

#6 ·
Skeeter,

You might as well spend some time designing the net. We want you to be very efficient at catching those winged fish. Save the extra large ones for me. And, don't touch mine with your greasy food preparation hands. I like my flyers to be touched only by nets. Bring some surgical gloves for when you place my flyers on my hook.

I will tell you in advance that I prefer mine hooked through the bottom jaw up wards to wards the head but not more than one half inch from his eyes. A little skew to the left would be nice.

Between cooking and catching us our bait, you won't have much time to fish. I'll bring a bullhorn to yell at you when I see a flyer floating in the lights near the boat. I don't want to loose my voice yelling for you. Besides, food doesn't taste as good when your tonsils are sore from barking out orders.

Do you have a waiter uniform? My meals seem to taste better if the person waiting on me is dressed properly.

Please change into a bait-boy uniform when scooping up my flyers. I don't like my waiter to smell like fish. It just ruins the meal.

I want to thank you in advance for understanding the rules and being so polite. Oh, one more thing. When serving me, don't tell me your name. I hate it when the waiter introduces himself. I don't care what your name is, just serve me and be quiet. I tip very well.

#8 ·
correct Oso.. Home Depot carries the same poles only tons cheaper.... and the net has to have some depth to it so the flyer wont escape once it hits the net.. academy has the nice aluminum Black mesh nets( i will take off the stock pole and save it for something else?? )

#9 ·
Instead of the bullhorn -don't want to cause any discomfort to your fellow fishers LOL- an electric training collar for dogs might get a quicker response! LMAO!

I sure wish I was able to go on this trip. I would probably stay up top the whole time with a video cam and produce a priceless documentary on the total GOM extended range fishing trips! hehe (using Ronnie's words).

#12 ·
LOL!! I have the perfect "chefs apron", hopefully I can make it to the lake house before we leave.. LMAO!!! Names-- we dont need no stinkin names...heres your food, eat it or do without.. hehe.. Baitboy uniform..maybe some Huntsville Prison Orange would do???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.