360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are back from the trip.
Total catch 16 YFT, 1 wahoo, 0 black fin tuna:D .
I will post picture later.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BretABaker said:
how many guys?[/QUOTE

We have 6 people on the boat, Rick ( Mcgolfer), Jim ( Wacker), Jason ( Jt2hunt), Bert (Bighead), Rue (Ruehoo), and me (minnow).

Firts picture is Jim with the biggest tune for the trip, and pictures of my first Wahoo on popper. Sorry for lack of pictures on this trip.

I will post Video later after we finish processing it (we have 3 hour of video).

Attachments

·
1,718 Posts
I can't wait to see the hoos hitting the popper!

·
638 Posts
From the tackle that's visible, it looks like another OTI fact finding mission. Whose boat? Is the Phat Cat back on the water? Is that popper rigged with wire and what's the story behind that? Also is that one of those antique 16000F's still catching fish?
Way to go guys.

Fred

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the tackle that's visible, it looks like another OTI fact finding mission. Whose boat? Is the Phat Cat back on the water? Is that popper rigged with wire and what's the story behind that? Also is that one of those antique 16000F's still catching fish?
Way to go guys.

Fred

Fred,
That antique reel still strong and kicking:) , I just wanted to catch Wahoo on popper that's the reason I rigged it with wire.
Btw, Phatcat is back on the water.

West garden.

·
663 Posts
Awesome trip! Looking forward to more detailed reports. Wahoo on the popper? Very interesting, even if you did troll it. One of the things on my list of to do's, is to hook a Hoo on a bomb or jig!

More later.

DBG

·
792 Posts
We had a triple knockdown, but the popper was the only one that stayed. I wish we had more action with the wahoo, but we just did not have enough time at the gardens. The seas were a booger on the way out and it was a very long boat ride out there and we arrived close to dark. If we had been there earlier I think we could have raised some with poppers after a knockdown. Trolling poppers is working very well.

·
1,718 Posts
I thought I recognized the boat. I am glad you guys are getting along and putting the wood to the fish! Get the video up!

·
2,835 Posts
Nice trip!!!

I was going to go out this weekend but my wife had her gallbladder removed so I had to back out. The boat I was going on did very well also. They went to Hoover. They were done with their tuna by 10 PM. They tried soaking squid for swords the rest of the night with no results.

Glad you had a great trip. The tuna are still hanging around as water temps and food supply are favorable for them.

·
792 Posts
yep, in the morning the tuna were jumping out of the water all over the place. Actually saw one do a flip like a mako. I have never seen one flip. We saw some good sized ones busting. I love seeing those fish.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts