360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

694 Posts
I fished with panafishing 2 weeks ago for a week. Dereck is new owner and is great. Super hardworking guy making a lot of improvements, especially to the boats. We caught everything from small yellowfins on poppers, to cubera, to snowy grouper. I would not hesitate booking with Dereck at Panafishing.

also I did real well on the jack fin 180 Kronos popper. Believe striker tackle has 25% discount now.

694 Posts
We fished with Capt Chino for a week. He was great. Lodge has 2 cats and 2 pangas. We fished on the cat which is a 26 twin vee with 170 twin Suzuki. Few days we were out in 6-8 foot seas and boat handled it great. Was pleasantly surprised. When we were there all the rain turned the inshore water green and killed the bite so we went offshore. Based on my week there wouldn’t burn too much time fishing that green water.

there were a bunch of 30-50 lb yellowing schools popping Up. I caught a bunch on the smaller jack fin Pelagus as well.

Hope that helps.

694 Posts
in terms of jigs - my most productive slow jig (possibly because I love them and fish them a lot) is the NLO Scoop Jig. From a speed jigging perspective - can't beat Hots Drift Tune - in my opinion. We caught everything from african pompano to snappers to small yellowfin on them. Good luck on your trip in December.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts