360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for 3 or 4 recommendations for both floating and sinking stickbaits for a trip to Panama.
Probably most of the fishing will be within a few miles of shore over reefs.
A bit of variations in the sticks preferably to cover different options - such as a floating stickbait that is good for skipping across the surface, a floating stickbait that is good for sweeping the rod etc.
I don't have big experience in this area and there are a tonne of stickbait options out there so I'm trying not to burn money and time on the wrong stuff.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
913 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the replies. It's much appreciated.
I have zero opportunity to see lures before I order them online so trial and error can be expensive.
Two sources I like for quality stickbaits where the employees/owners are happy to point you in the right direction are saltywater tackle (in New Jersey) and fishead (in Australia). Email or call them and they will respond with useful suggestions based on what you're targeting and where.

·
Super Moderator
6,486 Posts
When I went a few years ago poppers were the game, no bites on sticks at all.
Best producers were Smith A cup, Heru Cubera 80/100, and a no-name 100g popper from O'pass. Wore that one down to bare wood across 4 days of popping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We fished Panama the past 2 years, offshore and inshore. These sinking stick baits were the ticket with the tuna offshore and the pargo, trevally, and jack crevalle inshore. They aren't that expensive and they held up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts