360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was one of the nicest days I have fished in a while. It was cold in the morning, we had to hose the boat down twice because of the ice that built up on the deck and when we reached our first spot offshore we had ice built up on the boat cushions. Don't see that very often down here. We had close to slick calm seas and temps. in the 60's most of the day. It was a great day to be out on the water and although Jan. and Feb. can be cold and windy and can also be very calm and pleasant. I took out the David Hamm group from Destin, Fl. Our morning started out a little slow and upon pulling up to our 4th area the tuna were busting everywhere. Big Ones. At first it was hard to get set up on them and finally we got a good one. After about a 35-45 minute fight and a few rod passes they got him in the boat. Turned out to be a 153lb. Yellow Fin Tuna which is the largest we've gotten so far in 09. We put in about three more hours and got three blackfin tuna. Towards the end of the day we went after the wahoo and went 1 for 1. The fishing is good right now and the most important thing is the weather is great for getting offshore. The wahoo bite has been one of the best I have seen in years and the tuna are making their presence known as well. We've still got open days in Jan. and Feb. We will be back at on Saturday.

Capt. Damon McKnight
Super Strike Charters
1 800 318 1720
Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana.
Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana. Super Strike Charters - Fishing Photos
Email: [email protected]

Attachments

·
1,025 Posts
Awesome fish and pics!

·
128 Posts
NICE FISH-The photo of tuna busting the surface is awsome- - 2 weeks before Katrina hit Venice (1st) I went fishinig with Capt. Damon and did pretty decent ( 5 anglers from Texas on thier 1st yft trip -Freeman Group- 6yft)-on the ride out to the floaters ,when they came into view on the horizon, seeing all the surface action, it looked as if cars were being dropped from airplanes. Huge splashes 10-15 ft high. I will never forget that sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts