Fishing Report Provo, Turks & Caicos

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by reel fool, Jul 23, 2009.

1. reel fool

reel fool Guest

Well, we fished this past Friday, and it was a bit windy. Did not see a marlin, but found the birds working a tuna school---could not get a bite.

Then someone turned on the fan...Started blowing 20+ knots, with gusts to 30+ knots. We had planned to fish Wednesday, but too rough--we cancelled.

The winds layed out this late morning (Thursday), so we left the dock about 2:30, had lines in about 3:15. By 3:30 we had our first fish on. Released a small blue marlin--about 90 lbs. Back to fishing, and in 5 minutes, had our next fish on....but he pulled hook after about 2 minutes. That was our day--found the tunas again on the way in, but they were moving fast--could not stay with them to get a bite.
    Might get out Friday for a few hours, in the afternoon--boss has business to tend to in the morning.

Fishing has been slow here over the past week or so---but it was hot before that, when I was not here.

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

thanks for the report... T&C is one of my favorite places. Is Arthur Dean still around? the one day we did get to fish with him it was Wahoo heaven..

3. reel fool

reel fool Guest

Yes, Arthur is still here, with Silver Deep. He's a good character. I thought I saw from another board that you are from Pearland? My parents & most of my mother's family live there.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

thats probably me that youre thinking lives in pearland (another bret) :)

5. reel fool

reel fool Guest

thats probably me that youre thinking lives in pearland (another bret) :)

That's right.