360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i am hoping the scat cat 56hr trip goes on jan 15th, if so i will be down there for the whole week following the trip, was hopeing someone could turn me on to a good place to fish, pier, jetty, or bank fish in the area, would not mind trying to wade some. thanks for any advice on tactics or where to go.

·
1,699 Posts
Diggs, you can go to Fishemans wharf and take the Jetty boat out to the north jetty.. Live shrimp will work. but we always had best luck throwing shrimp tail like plastics.. take lots of lead heads and extra touts.. (gulp work well) Our method was to cast out a good ways and do a 14-18count and start the retrieve.. you will lose a bunch in the rocks, but if the trout are there, it will be fun.. Pack a lunch and take some water.. be sure to get a jetty boat sched..

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bret, sounds like a plan is starting to take shape. do u know if there seems to be any particular jig heads or colors that seems to be better than the other right now?

·
1,699 Posts
I havent fished it in a while. but the gulp copper penny and molting shrimp seemed to always do good.. get the cheapest non painted jigheads you can find.. as you will lose a few..

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great, i've got a jig mold and plenty of old tire weights that are serving no purpose, they'll make good cheap lead heads, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts