Fisherman's Paradise

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by The Great PF, Aug 21, 2009.

1. The Great PF

The Great PF Senior Member

A few years ago I was invited to fish on The Islander which was a floating barge set up which was towed each spring out to the Chandelear Islands just offshore from Venice. It was a wonderful set up--all we had to do was fish; they supplied bunks, A/C, GREAT meals and wonderful fellowship for not a lot of money. Sadly, The Islander sank during one of the infamous 2005 hurricanes.

I was reading today in the current issue of Sportfishing Magazine (page 72), and it says that a guy is putting a 385 ft. boat on the water which will serve as a mothership, providing sleeping arrangements and meals. The boat will ply the waters of GOM and anchor in such places as near the Midnight Lump. Fishermen will be ferried out to the ship by boats or helicopters. This sounds like a reincarnation of The Islander but on a much larger scale. I'm having some problems with my internet, but my friend looked on their website, and things/pricing look pretty decent.

Check out: Welcome to Fisherman's Paradise / Phone: (727) 441-3474

If this turns out to be as advertized, this could be the worst nightmare for the charter captains in Venice.

2. The Great PF

Now that's funny. When I posted the thread above, I clearly wrote in the www address, but as it comes up, it changes to 'Welcome to....and the phone number instead. Go check it out.

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

A few years ago I was invited to fish on The Islander which was a floating barge set up which was towed each spring out to the Chandelear Islands just offshore from Venice. It was a wonderful set up--all we had to do was fish; they supplied bunks, A/C, GREAT meals and wonderful fellowship for not a lot of money. Sadly, The Islander sank during one of the infamous 2005 hurricanes.

I was reading today in the current issue of Sportfishing Magazine (page 72), and it says that a guy is putting a 385 ft. boat on the water which will serve as a mothership, providing sleeping arrangements and meals. The boat will ply the waters of GOM and anchor in such places as near the Midnight Lump. Fishermen will be ferried out to the ship by boats or helicopters. This sounds like a reincarnation of The Islander but on a much larger scale. I'm having some problems with my internet, but my friend looked on their website, and things/pricing look pretty decent.

Check out: Welcome to Fisherman's Paradise / Phone: (727) 441-3474

If this turns out to be as advertized, this could be the worst nightmare for the charter captains in Venice.

There only targeting the Midnight lump and only during the lump season. They wont even hurt the charter captains business there. The Midnight lump has been dead for the last 2 years and the charter captains are all running to another salt dome that's been producing. Now if they had a mother ship to stay on anchored along the shelf near green canyon and several smaller boats to fish off then they might make a small dent. However unless you touch land you can only keep a one day limit of yellowfin no matter how long you stay out.

d-a

4. emtfisherman

emtfisherman Junior member

This looks really cool!

5. The Great PF

Hey, D-A:

More importantly, the point is that for the money that they're asking, it sounds like a really good deal. Although I enjoy bringing back some nice meat, if I can go on a trip without having to return to land each evening or having to endure a 16+ hour one way trip out (think Dolphin Docks), then I'm all for it. And then to add in food, hot showers and possibly massages, well, suffice it to say that I'm at least interested.

By the way, do you live in DFW?

P. F.

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Hey, D-A:

More importantly, the point is that for the money that they're asking, it sounds like a really good deal. Although I enjoy bringing back some nice meat, if I can go on a trip without having to return to land each evening or having to endure a 16+ hour one way trip out (think Dolphin Docks), then I'm all for it. And then to add in food, hot showers and possibly massages, well, suffice it to say that I'm at least interested.

By the way, do you live in DFW?

P. F.

P.F

The really good deal would be if they took you to a more productive spot to fish. Like i was getting at in the first post is that the Midnight lump has been dead the past 2 years and there relying on the reputation that the lump use to have to put people on the boat. I don't care how many amenities i can have if the fish are not there.

Oh and No i don't live in the DFW area.

d-a

7. ipsbishop

ipsbishop Junior member

8. Whalebreath

Whalebreath Senior Member

Odd to see them off Isla Mujeres in November/December-terrible timing for the annual spring Sailfish run.

9. dan1

dan1 Senior Member

What a fantastic idea. Wish they have something like this thing in Cali. This is something I'd be interested in if anyone can arrange a group trip.

10. YMSA

YMSA Senior Member

There only targeting the Midnight lump and only during the lump season. They wont even hurt the charter captains business there. The Midnight lump has been dead for the last 2 years and the charter captains are all running to another salt dome that's been producing. Now if they had a mother ship to stay on anchored along the shelf near green canyon and several smaller boats to fish off then they might make a small dent. However unless you touch land you can only keep a one day limit of yellowfin no matter how long you stay out.

d-a

X2 D is right about the lumps as I said many times before. It's just the only things non-natives really know about. The other "humps" & "lumps" that don't look like a Macys parking lot the day after Thanksgiving are where the fish are.

11. YMSA

YMSA Senior Member

Do the math average Venice charter with fuel 1600 with tip say 1800 split four ways 450 each that's cheap. You also get a Capt that knows the waters that's priceless. But for those who need massages and manicures while fishing mabey you should take-up pokeno instead.

12. sglennjr

sglennjr Member

Im not sure if its that link great pf posted to fishermans paradise or what, but immediately after checking out that site, then closing it to come back to 360 tuna i recieved what looked like several viruses. This is only a problem on my windows user (main user) as i am on my girlfriends account on the same cpu now. just thought id give you guys a heads up, anyone have similar problems. The only thing i can do online under my user acct is run this bogus anti virus scan, which i dont even have. It says i have alot of malware, trojans, keyloggers and a bunch of crap. Than afte the scan it shows me a company called antivirus.net and wants me to buy its product. I tried to call the phone number it provided and it doesnt exist. Any help would be appreciated. I dont know what to do, it wont let me run my antivirus logged into my acct or anything

13. sglennjr

sglennjr Member

somewhere in the site directed by the link i was talking about in the first post of the thread is a malware virus. its a new virus called the antivirus.net virus. i dont know how to get rid of it and i cant use my user on windows as i am posting this from my girlfriends user acct on windows. a little help anyone. and dont investigat the site i mentioned

14. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

somewhere in the site directed by the link i was talking about in the first post of the thread is a malware virus. its a new virus called the antivirus.net virus. i dont know how to get rid of it and i cant use my user on windows as i am posting this from my girlfriends user acct on windows. a little help anyone. and dont investigat the site i mentioned
    contact monocom on this site. I had the same or similar virus on my labtop and I brought my computer to him.

------------------

Kilsong's Jigging World~JIGNPOP.COM~ Saltwater Fishing Store

15. kyellier

kyellier Senior Member

I had a similar issue...some how my active X controls were disabled. check your control panel/ internet options/ click the security tab/ click on custom level/check that your active X for approved sites is enabled/ check that script active X controls marked safe for scripting is enabled..click OK/ click apply

16. kyellier

kyellier Senior Member

after you have enabled your active x,,,you should be able to run your antivirus software...you may have to enable activeX plugins too. shoot me a pm if it doesn't work. also check your control panel/programs. you may have to uninstall that antivirus.net program from the list

17. kyellier

kyellier Senior Member

you may have to re-install your anti virus software if it will not run.

18. ipsbishop

ipsbishop Junior member

New article about Fishermans Paradise makeover, and below decks infrastructure that makes it run. The first soft opening is about 5 weeks from now.
    The Marine Installer's Rant