360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a longtime freshwater tournament angler and a senior writer for Bassmaster Magazine. Dipped my toe into the saltwater arena last year with a trip to Guatemala for sailfish (have now been twice) and this year an acquaintance organized a yellowfin trip to Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge. Needless to say, I'm sorry that I waited until I was 50+ to try it. As you all know, the popping for tuna is absolutely insane, probably the most fun I've ever had (and I've been all over the place -- Brazilian Amazon, Zambia, Alaska -- chasing the bite). Now it's just a matter of planning the next trip.

I appreciate how friendly and informative everyone on this forum has been and look forward to learning more from you.

Pete Robbins
Vienna, VA
www.halfpastfirstcast.com
20210410_121636.jpg 0409211224a_HDR~2.jpg WhatsApp Image 2021-04-11 at 7.37.16 PM (3).jpeg

·
Banned
5,121 Posts

·
Banned
5,121 Posts
That's the dream trip. It'll happen. So glad I've found this new world to explore.
Go to a location with numbers of fish for your first trip,
as opposed to a location with trophy size, but few fish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a follow-up to my earlier message -- my wife and I (along with another couple) are headed back to SFPIL in November and have room in our group. Would love to meet likeminded anglers we can learn from. If anyone needs more details, shoot me a message here or email me at Pete_Robbins AT hotmail DOT com..

Admins: If this sort of message is not permitted here, please delete and accept my apologies.

·
Banned
5,121 Posts
Can get rainy and windy in November.

Paradise Lodge is a better option for couples,
much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts