First Game Cam Pics

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by STx Fisherman, Oct 9, 2007.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Well....I set my Cuddeback cam out this past Thursday and actually loaded the feeders with corn. I'm surprised to have some pics this soon....but no bucks yet. A few doe and hogs...some pretty nice hogs decided to come in to scrounge around for corn kernels through the tall grass that they have already matted down around the feeder. (If you study the picture...there are actually seven hogs in the picture).

Notable mention....a woodpecker figured out the camera setup and decided to give us a moon shot....oh well.....

Looks like we will be making some link and pan sausage as soon as the cooler temps drop in. Here are a few pics.....(I'm very impressed with the quality pics that this camera is providing).

Attached Files:

2. STx Fisherman

Here's a close up pic of one of the sows.....

Attached Files:

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

looks like a bunch of sausage to me.. Cool pics.. keep them coming.

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

When do we harvest them pigs?

5. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Forget the game cam! I'm still waiting on pictures from the pool cam! lol!

DBG

6. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Tom,
    You need a trip to Mobile, they love to show their goodies off.

7. STx Fisherman

May have to make sausage out of the woodpecker. He got a little too close to the camera for comfort. I hope he doesn't take a habit to pecking my camera...that little pecker.

Attached Files:

8. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

That camera has great picture quality! I'm impressed.

Tom

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Watch out for the rabid woodpeckers.. I had one try to light on my arrow while sitting in a tree stand opening weekend. cool pic

10. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Acorns , Acorns, Acorns.....
    Our place is plenty Green and full of acorns. Between Victoria and Halletsville.
    Had a few sessions mid last week to observe game and to reflect on yet another year of outdoors in Texas..

Also it took almost a half a roll of duct tape to get my Game Cam mounted to my Forehead... I'll need to work on an inprovement.

Kev

Attached Files:

11. STx Fisherman

Still no pics of bucks. There were quite a few morning pics but the dew in the air made it to the lens and the pics are all foggy. Anyway....the activity is getting better.

Attached Files:

12. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Hey Richard, I see some sausage in your future.... That one old doe looks pretty poor, maybe those twin fawns pulled her down this summer.. the rest of your deer look fat and happy..

13. STx Fisherman

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the way that some of the does look....maybe need to feed some protein and minerals.

I may have to put the pressure washer on some of those muddy hogs!

14. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Nice pics Richard,

I've been seeing the same thing on my place - not alot of bucks. So far one nice 8ptr and a yearling - other than that its does and one hog, and turkey - lots of turkey.

Earl

15. STx Fisherman

I moved the camera to the feeder at my blind.....it's hopefully going to produce better activity than what I've seen.

These game cams are pretty cool....I know I'm behind the times...and should have put cams in a couple of years ago. It is definitely fun to see the game that is eating your corn.

Before I moved the camera to my blind....there was a pic of a big boar that I opted not to post....because his nads were MUCH bigger than mine.... :D

16. STx Fisherman

Damn hogs everywhere....

I'm going to have to cut into the hog population this season. The neighbor was free feeding them last year....but it appears that he stopped.

I like the pic with the raccoon watching the hogs....

Attached Files:

17. shanker

shanker Senior Member

I may get alot of flack for this, but see that little one? I shot a sow under a feeder one time right thru the eyes and killed the baby behind it (still had stripes), my dad thought it was so funny he made me clean it and we put it on the pit that night, well, let me tell you, it was the second best meat ive ever eaten, with sea turtle being the best and a fawn (still had spots) in a close third...

If you need help thinning the heard, I need some practice time with my .243, although I dont want the meat, my freezer is full, I just need the trigger time.

-Patrick

18. bunile

bunile Senior Member

Red-Bearded Clams . with no spots !!!! Now yer cooking with GAS!!!

19. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Richard.. nice pigs.... Shanker is right.. those little piggies are great cooked whole...

20. STx Fisherman

I am planning on trapping some of those pigs...and will have to try the little pigs on the barbecue pit. Sounds like a great idea.

Thanks Shanker, Bret.