First Deer

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by Deep_Sea_Gull, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

This is my youngest son's first deer. About 125 live weight and eight small points. One big head! Then he got to learn what happens after you shoot a deer. This brought back a lot of my childhood memories.
    [​IMG]

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Very cool Tony!!! I will never forget my first deer.. Man that thing does have a big head.. You guys will be eating good for a while. You are raising them boys right.. Thanks for the pic and report.

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Congratulations To your boy Tony.
    Treasure the pictures and the memories.

4. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

LOL!! I remember my first deer. I was about the same age... did he gag when he opened it up? hehe. My dad was laughing his arse off when I cleaned my first one.... have a pat on the back for being a good dad!

5. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

Thanks Guys.

We have been working on the buck fever. I told him to just think about how that tenderloin and biscuit will taste. He made a good shot. It took out the heart, lungs and unfortunately got to some smelly stuff. So yes, he had a few moments of nostril rebellion.

It was all better after I fried up some tenderloin and made biscuits. He was rather tired after we got done butchering and packaging and he finished cleaning up.

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Congrats to you and your boy.

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

yum yumm.. chicken fried venison with gravy and biscuits- my keyboard is now covered in drool!

8. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Ah...first deer. The memory of that trip will last forever.

9. drfishalot

drfishalot Member

congrats to the boy Tony.
    I also remember my first deer.... and the second just about 30 min later