360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I have spent the better part of my life in school:( Now I have finished my Masters and I am going to celebrate. Any of you guys who would like to join my family and I for a late lunch/early dinner on May 10th, please give me a shout. I graduate the 12th and we are celebrating the 10th! I am finally going to have time to breath and hopefully fish again. Now that I am done, fuel is ridiculous:mad: !

·
1,025 Posts
Congrats Pope!!!! I would be there if I didn't have a fishing trip planned.

Scott

·
2,835 Posts
Congrats,
I don't know you, but you will soon find there is less and less time for extra curricular activities. Working 60-80 hours a week trying to make a buck sucks. Good luck on what ever you do and try your best to do something you enjoy. It will make work a little less miserable.:)

·
1,105 Posts
Brandon: Congratulations, my friend, and good luck to you. I agree whole heartedly with MrBill--all work sucks but you can definitely make it worse by doing something you hate! I don't know who it was that said: "Find a job doing something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life." And I know what you mean about living in school--after a couple of years of graduate work, I enrolled in law school just to get football tickets.

Russ

·
1,105 Posts
Where are you located, Brandon and where did you go to school?

Russ

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. It has been a long hard road, but that is all she wrote now. As far as work is concerned, I love my job, but everyone has their days. Bosses usually are the worst part of everything.

I am an assistant principal and I am receiving my M. Ed. It is kind of ironic really. I didn't have a wonderful experience growing up (long story) and I had to drop out of high school. I loved fishing even as a kid and got a job on crew boats at 18. I spent the next several years catching tuna in the Gulf and spent months hanging around Auger. Finally, at 21, I decided to go to college. I enrolled at a junior college, transfered to UNT (North Texas) and ended up living in the DFW area.

Somehow I ended up working in high schools as a counselor and my principal asked me to get my M.Ed. I enrolled at UTA and have been working on it for a while. I also got a concentration in biology while I was at it. I am a single father so it has taken a few years.

In any case, it is all over now and I am ready to get back to doing the things I enjoy aside from work. I am not sure where we will meet for the dinner, but everyone is welcome. I will post the location in a few days.

Jared, you can come and cuss Galveston. No worries, it does suck. Tom, you guys drink some joe for me. I drink a gallon a day as is. A little more won't hurt. Thanks again everyone and I will be around a lot more now. Let freedom ring!

·
1,086 Posts
Pope,
Great Job!!!
With out seeing your above post.
I want to say.
I have read other post of yours that contained
informaton about tolorance, youth guidance, and just sound information.
Several I have read more than once,
All the Best.

K2

G

·
damn you brandon!!!!!! now you are going to make all of us ignorant bastards look even more stupid with that fancy degree.....let me know when and where i i will try and be there to irritate your educated ass....rick

·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Fishhead. I try to be tolerant, but I am rarely tolerated. lol

Rick, as you have said before, I am just a snuff chewing ******* from the swamps of SE Texas and I hope I would have to try very hard to make anyone else look stupid.

Now for the details, we are going to meeting at Mercado Juarez in Arlington at 3:00, Saturday May 10th. I would throw a party at my house, but I am having two grandmothers staying over the weekend. This may dampen the festivities as they wil probably turn in a little early.

Please let me know if you are going to attend so I can make sure I have reserved enough space. Thanks again for all the kind words and I finally look forward to seeing everyone more often without the past restraints keeping me off the water.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts