Finally Done!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Pope, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Some of you know that I have spent the better part of my life in school:( Now I have finished my Masters and I am going to celebrate. Any of you guys who would like to join my family and I for a late lunch/early dinner on May 10th, please give me a shout. I graduate the 12th and we are celebrating the 10th! I am finally going to have time to breath and hopefully fish again. Now that I am done, fuel is ridiculous:mad: !

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Congrats Pope!!!! I would be there if I didn't have a fishing trip planned.

Scott

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Congrats,
    I don't know you, but you will soon find there is less and less time for extra curricular activities. Working 60-80 hours a week trying to make a buck sucks. Good luck on what ever you do and try your best to do something you enjoy. It will make work a little less miserable.:)

4. etan

etan Senior Member

Congrats, thats an accomplishment. Its tough making the commitment to see it thru. Enjoy it.

5. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Good job Brandon! Glad to hear that's behind you and more fishing is infront of you. Bert

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Brandon, congrats... we will try to be there..

7. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Brandon: Congratulations, my friend, and good luck to you. I agree whole heartedly with MrBill--all work sucks but you can definitely make it worse by doing something you hate! I don't know who it was that said: "Find a job doing something you love, and you'll never work a day in your life." And I know what you mean about living in school--after a couple of years of graduate work, I enrolled in law school just to get football tickets.

Russ

8. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Congratulations ... that's quite an accomplishment. :cool:

9. Ross

Ross Member

Congrats Brandon! I know you've been working extremely hard to finish.

10. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

CongratulationsBrandon,

11. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Congratulations from me too!! We'll drink some hot coffee in your honor at breakfast this weekend!!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

12. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

congrats on graduation....maybe i can come to your dinner and tell your parents how crappy their home town is.;)

13. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Where are you located, Brandon and where did you go to school?

Russ

14. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

good job Pope! congrats on that hard work you completed!

15. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Congratulations Brandon.

16. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Thanks everyone. It has been a long hard road, but that is all she wrote now. As far as work is concerned, I love my job, but everyone has their days. Bosses usually are the worst part of everything.

I am an assistant principal and I am receiving my M. Ed. It is kind of ironic really. I didn't have a wonderful experience growing up (long story) and I had to drop out of high school. I loved fishing even as a kid and got a job on crew boats at 18. I spent the next several years catching tuna in the Gulf and spent months hanging around Auger. Finally, at 21, I decided to go to college. I enrolled at a junior college, transfered to UNT (North Texas) and ended up living in the DFW area.

Somehow I ended up working in high schools as a counselor and my principal asked me to get my M.Ed. I enrolled at UTA and have been working on it for a while. I also got a concentration in biology while I was at it. I am a single father so it has taken a few years.

In any case, it is all over now and I am ready to get back to doing the things I enjoy aside from work. I am not sure where we will meet for the dinner, but everyone is welcome. I will post the location in a few days.

Jared, you can come and cuss Galveston. No worries, it does suck. Tom, you guys drink some joe for me. I drink a gallon a day as is. A little more won't hurt. Thanks again everyone and I will be around a lot more now. Let freedom ring!

17. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Pope,
    Great Job!!!
    With out seeing your above post.
    I want to say.
    I have read other post of yours that contained
    informaton about tolorance, youth guidance, and just sound information.
    Several I have read more than once,
    All the Best.

K2

18. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

19. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

damn you brandon!!!!!! now you are going to make all of us ignorant bastards look even more stupid with that fancy degree.....let me know when and where i i will try and be there to irritate your educated ass....rick

20. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Thanks Fishhead. I try to be tolerant, but I am rarely tolerated. lol

Rick, as you have said before, I am just a snuff chewing redneck from the swamps of SE Texas and I hope I would have to try very hard to make anyone else look stupid.

Now for the details, we are going to meeting at Mercado Juarez in Arlington at 3:00, Saturday May 10th. I would throw a party at my house, but I am having two grandmothers staying over the weekend. This may dampen the festivities as they wil probably turn in a little early.

Please let me know if you are going to attend so I can make sure I have reserved enough space. Thanks again for all the kind words and I finally look forward to seeing everyone more often without the past restraints keeping me off the water.