360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has n/e one ever used the fin nor offshore spin reels b4??? they look like its built like a tank but with the price being that low it makes me wonder if it will hold up to jigging???

·
2,924 Posts
DO NOT BUY and RUN as far away as you can at light speed. Dont let the cheap cost draw you in. I had one blow up on the first couple of drops Bretbaker was there it was comical. Many have had a similiar experience

G

·
it was pathetic. the reel (according to glenn) caught a few medium AJs in Florida before its use in NC. after watching it "perform", I am questioning whether it could even catch a bluefish ;)

seriously the reel blew up while jigging a 300 or 400g jig from 300'. no fish on i dont think. it was bad/hilarious.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bret n gman u guys are funny...dang!! u guys didnt even have a fish on n it blewup on u??? wtf! maybe they shouldn't have named it the offshore ha? and jiggawat just lookin @ dat pic gives me da hibby jibbies. ouch! advice taken! thanx u guys are helpful as always..

·
975 Posts
it was pathetic. the reel (according to glenn) caught a few medium AJs in Florida before its use in NC. after watching it "perform", I am questioning whether it could even catch a bluefish ;)

seriously the reel blew up while jigging a 300 or 400g jig from 300'. no fish on i dont think. it was bad/hilarious.

gman / bret, maybe without a fish on the jig but you may have hook up to a giant rock on your assist hook? Just kidding :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts