Fin Nor offshore spin

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by TK_82, Feb 5, 2009.

1. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

has n/e one ever used the fin nor offshore spin reels b4??? they look like its built like a tank but with the price being that low it makes me wonder if it will hold up to jigging???

2. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

3. gman

gman Senior Member

DO NOT BUY and RUN as far away as you can at light speed. Dont let the cheap cost draw you in. I had one blow up on the first couple of drops Bretbaker was there it was comical. Many have had a similiar experience

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

it was pathetic. the reel (according to glenn) caught a few medium AJs in Florida before its use in NC. after watching it "perform", I am questioning whether it could even catch a bluefish ;)

seriously the reel blew up while jigging a 300 or 400g jig from 300'. no fish on i dont think. it was bad/hilarious.

5. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

bret n gman u guys are funny...dang!! u guys didnt even have a fish on n it blewup on u??? wtf! maybe they shouldn't have named it the offshore ha? and jiggawat just lookin @ dat pic gives me da hibby jibbies. ouch! advice taken! thanx u guys are helpful as always..

6. seahunter

seahunter Member

Just curious..it was only the main gear breaking..is that correct ???
    Nothing else was their

7. hstsw

hstsw Senior Member

it was pathetic. the reel (according to glenn) caught a few medium AJs in Florida before its use in NC. after watching it "perform", I am questioning whether it could even catch a bluefish ;)

seriously the reel blew up while jigging a 300 or 400g jig from 300'. no fish on i dont think. it was bad/hilarious.

gman / bret, maybe without a fish on the jig but you may have hook up to a giant rock on your assist hook? Just kidding :D