Fin-nor Lethal 20 2-speed?

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Mpro2, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Mpro2

Mpro2 Active Member

Just picked up a NIB off Ebay for $151. I have been using Penn Fathom star drags for a while and this is my first lever drag reel. Not much info on the user manual about drag or freespool settings....anyone have much info or experience with them? It does seem and feel like quite an upgrade to my Fathoms, but that's just me.. I will be using it on a Penn Carnage jigging rod rated at 50/130#line in the GOM for black and yellowfin tuna. Thanks all!

2. Mpro2

Mpro2 Active Member

53 views and no replies? like I said, it is my first lever drag reel, just looking for some help with settings or adjustments if anyone has had experience with them????

3. Viet_Swag

Viet_Swag Active Member

When wanting to adjust drag, make sure the reel is in free spool before you adjust the preset. Typically, you want your drag set at 25-33% of the lowest break strain line on your reel. To test drag, pull at a gradual, constant speed so as to avoid false readings due to drag spike. There’s more knowledgeable people here but hopefully this gets you in the right direction.

4. Bshaw

Bshaw Active Member

if you hook a monster you will love the low gear!

5. Mpro2

Mpro2 Active Member

Okay, so I put about 30 yards of mono on just experiment with the drag. I was curious about the range of drag you have at the "strike" setting, and the "full" is more of a lockdown....I couldn't budge it at all. But I think I get it. It's all about the preset. And yeah, that 3.0 gear is going to be fun with a big YFT on! Thanks for the info!

6. Viet_Swag

Viet_Swag Active Member

Drag curve will be at its peak when you are near the bottom so just anticipate your drag to be less when your full spool

7. jg125

jg125 Member

I bought a 16,20,30 at a good price they feel a little tight but free spool good did not fish them yet plan to use them for jigging and chunking got a couple of penn fathoms too they just feel smoother loaded them up with 65# power pro will see what happens.

8. Mpro2

Mpro2 Active Member

Thanks Viet_Swag and others for the info! I will probably purchase some 80# metered braid to put on it. I used Diawa J braid metered on my last trip, and seems like decent line at a reasonable price. Been looking close at the Berkley Pro-Spec metered also...