360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is some new rods I have built recently.

First is a GUSA 704 that I built spinning for bucktailing fluke, and throwing small lures at stripers and blues.

pattern is a 40 point from billy40's book

gargoyle pattern on an XL composite 80# prototype

6' XL composite 80# prototype with 30# handing off the tip

GUSA Wahoo gargoyle pattern

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some connections lol. I know Billy40 who is having these blanks built. I was going down to Florida and was hoping to jig up some grouper and AJ so he let me build the rod for that hoping that I would get some big fish on it but that unfortunately didn't happen.

·
1,025 Posts
Beautiful rods Mike!!!

Is the XL the new Seeker prototype?

·
1,025 Posts
you got it

I can't wait to see more of those blanks!!! Let us know how it performs!:)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't wait to see more of those blanks!!! Let us know how it performs!:)

With the 60# prototype we were able to get 65# off the ground and the blank didn't break (thank god it didn't because someone would have gone to the hospital). That was scary and the fact that the blank weighs next to nothing makes it that much more crazy. Billy just got in the first shipment of the finished product of the 60# blanks so its only a matter of time before we get some real world reviews.

·
1,541 Posts
Hey MIke,

if you wanted tested on some grouper and AJs im heading down to panama next month and would love to test it =) hahah

·
88 Posts
Hey,

Awesome. Makes my stuff look like Fido's butt.

Question: the blue hypalon striping with the darker shade of blue - did you do that with thread? What's the basic technique? It looks great.

F

·
5,457 Posts
Hey,

Awesome. Makes my stuff look like Fido's butt.

Question: the blue hypalon striping with the darker shade of blue - did you do that with thread? What's the basic technique? It looks great.

F

Frank

Looks like an inlay. I can show you some that Freddy and I did. Its very simple

d-a

·
395 Posts
Hey,

Thanks! I'll give it a go my next build.

F
Hey Frank,
You'll have to come by when we get together again at my place bring your grips and we will hook you up w inlays

1 - 19 of 19 Posts