360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading 360tuna.com forum for last two days, I might just take a left turn return my Cabo 80 spinning reel which would not fit Daiwa Saltiga Spinning Jig Rod that I ordered(returned already). I was getting tired of trying to find a right jigging rod to fit Cabo 80.

So here I am thinking why not get the best if not popular jigging combo investing few more dollars.

My conclusion: OTI 600g Spinning Rod and Saragos F 18000. I would like to get some feedback, greatly appreciated.

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Take a look at the NERBS website & the GUSA Wahoo Jr composite Jigging rod...

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
After reading 360tuna.com forum for last two days, I might just take a left turn return my Cabo 80 spinning reel which would not fit Daiwa Saltiga Spinning Jig Rod that I ordered(returned already). I was getting tired of trying to find a right jigging rod to fit Cabo 80.

So here I am thinking why not get the best if not popular jigging combo investing few more dollars.

My conclusion: OTI 600g Spinning Rod and Saragos F 18000. I would like to get some feedback, greatly appreciated.
great setup..the OTI 600 is a monster rod..the saragosa is a great reel to pair with it..
that OTI and the Jigging master are pretty popular setups

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts

here is a little feedback on the OTI
full length and cut down
http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f67/my-4-8-spinning-jigging-rod-600g-oti-2383/

·
1,448 Posts
i have the same setup. very fun to use for big jigs, even smaller 240g too. saragosa is a beast. its not a stella but i have faith in it. the drag washers scare me, so i replaced them with carbontex on both saragosa 18000's
puglias in neworleans has the rod for 209.00. that cant be beat for a world class rod.

·
1,448 Posts
i had a cabo 80 which i loved but it was lost due to a size 18 reel seat. it cleared a few guides after coming undone and went swimming. the anti reverse would skip a few holds even as new. i love the cabo drags but the anti revers is its downfall. at least on the newer ones. my cabo 60 and 50 are bulletproof. saragosa is a safe bet.

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Thanks Bruce
Gusa is a American made rod blank..I can tell you first hand the Wahoo is one of the best jigging blanks on the market...& Billy factory customs are more custom than factory........
absoutly agree..being a GUSA DEALER.Rod Builders
i can attest to the GUSA blanks they are nice the wahoo is sweet for a 7' rod
and of course proud to be a NERB:D

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
absoutly agree..being a GUSA DEALER.Rod Builders
i can attest to the GUSA blanks they are nice the wahoo is sweet for a 7' rod
and of course proud to be a NERB:D

Have you seen the 8' cmposite & the new blanks Billy has..They are sweet...

I'm building so many now all other blanks have taken a back seat.......

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
ive never used one. are they really 8'?
yeah the origional wahoo is 8' great action and power
i had GUSA do a 7' version same action and power for me the wahoo JR..it has been working great here
teh 8 foot is really sweet

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
Have you seen the 8' cmposite & the new blanks Billy has..They are sweet...

I'm building so many now all other blanks have taken a back seat.......
i havent seen the composite gusa other than the URS series
maybe i will call tommorrow and find out about them

i have seen the bend and they seem a little faster than what we were looking for
i do like using the graphite blanks when i buy from GUSA

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
YES;
Billy has some new blanks & we love them..I know this is a offshore site BUT..If you guys inshore fish they make some of the best rod blanks I have ever fished..
My hook-up rate went up since I started using the GUSA composites inshore blanks..From fluke to blackfish & stripers to redfish & snappers to jacks..We have the rod blanks for you...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts