Feedback on OTI 600g Spinning Rod and Saragosa F 18000 Spinning Reel combo

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Bruce100m, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Bruce100m

Bruce100m Guest

After reading 360tuna.com forum for last two days, I might just take a left turn return my Cabo 80 spinning reel which would not fit Daiwa Saltiga Spinning Jig Rod that I ordered(returned already). I was getting tired of trying to find a right jigging rod to fit Cabo 80.

So here I am thinking why not get the best if not popular jigging combo investing few more dollars.

My conclusion: OTI 600g Spinning Rod and Saragos F 18000. I would like to get some feedback, greatly appreciated.

2. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

Take a look at the NERBS website & the GUSA Wahoo Jr composite Jigging rod...

3. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Take a look at the NERBS website & the GUSA Wahoo Jr composite Jigging rod...

Link please. Thanks.

4. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

After reading 360tuna.com forum for last two days, I might just take a left turn return my Cabo 80 spinning reel which would not fit Daiwa Saltiga Spinning Jig Rod that I ordered(returned already). I was getting tired of trying to find a right jigging rod to fit Cabo 80.

So here I am thinking why not get the best if not popular jigging combo investing few more dollars.

My conclusion: OTI 600g Spinning Rod and Saragos F 18000. I would like to get some feedback, greatly appreciated.
    great setup..the OTI 600 is a monster rod..the saragosa is a great reel to pair with it..
    that OTI and the Jigging master are pretty popular setups

5. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

here is a little feedback on the OTI
    full length and cut down
    http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f67/my-4-8-spinning-jigging-rod-600g-oti-2383/

6. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i have the same setup. very fun to use for big jigs, even smaller 240g too. saragosa is a beast. its not a stella but i have faith in it. the drag washers scare me, so i replaced them with carbontex on both saragosa 18000's
    puglias in neworleans has the rod for 209.00. that cant be beat for a world class rod.

7. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i had a cabo 80 which i loved but it was lost due to a size 18 reel seat. it cleared a few guides after coming undone and went swimming. the anti reverse would skip a few holds even as new. i love the cabo drags but the anti revers is its downfall. at least on the newer ones. my cabo 60 and 50 are bulletproof. saragosa is a safe bet.

8. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

9. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

ive never used one. are they really 8'?

10. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Thanks Bruce
    Gusa is a American made rod blank..I can tell you first hand the Wahoo is one of the best jigging blanks on the market...& Billy factory customs are more custom than factory........
    absoutly agree..being a GUSA DEALER.Rod Builders
    i can attest to the GUSA blanks they are nice the wahoo is sweet for a 7' rod
    and of course proud to be a NERB:D

11. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

absoutly agree..being a GUSA DEALER.Rod Builders
    i can attest to the GUSA blanks they are nice the wahoo is sweet for a 7' rod
    and of course proud to be a NERB:D

Have you seen the 8' cmposite & the new blanks Billy has..They are sweet...

I'm building so many now all other blanks have taken a back seat.......

12. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

ive never used one. are they really 8'?
    yeah the origional wahoo is 8' great action and power
    i had GUSA do a 7' version same action and power for me the wahoo JR..it has been working great here
    teh 8 foot is really sweet

13. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

yeah the origional wahoo is 8' great action and power
    i had GUSA do a 7' version same action and power for me the wahoo JR..it has been working great here
    teh 8 foot is really sweet
    here was my inspiration to do the 7' WAHOO JR..kil was usingthe 8' with success..but for some it was to long..so we did it in 7'
    http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f20/ksong-using-rail-video-q-kil-2586/

14. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Have you seen the 8' cmposite & the new blanks Billy has..They are sweet...

I'm building so many now all other blanks have taken a back seat.......
    i havent seen the composite gusa other than the URS series
    maybe i will call tommorrow and find out about them

i have seen the bend and they seem a little faster than what we were looking for
    i do like using the graphite blanks when i buy from GUSA

15. Capt Richie

Capt Richie Site Sponsor

YES;
    Billy has some new blanks & we love them..I know this is a offshore site BUT..If you guys inshore fish they make some of the best rod blanks I have ever fished..
    My hook-up rate went up since I started using the GUSA composites inshore blanks..From fluke to blackfish & stripers to redfish & snappers to jacks..We have the rod blanks for you...........