Fear factor from China

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Minnow, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I almost try it all but i was chicken out, so only ate one silk worm LOL.

Attached Files:

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man TJ, I am getting hungry just looking at em.... So, silk worms was the first pic.. so what are the others??? A man would have to be really hungry to eat that stuff for a meal.

3. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Senior Member

Doesn't look as good as the huge shrimp salad I have planned for tonight. I traded for over 300 pounds of shrimp this weekend. The shrimpers are having a field day this summer. Not much competition and they celebrate their great catch every morning drinking beer. They have no beer inventory control. They drink until it is gone. Then they have to give a bunch to the "Beer Boat" for trades.

Most of the shrimp boats are bringing in 23 bushels a night. That's 80 pounds of shrimp per bushel. That's 1830 pounds a night. I took 20 cases of beer and only needed 12 to get 300 pounds. 12x13.99=167.88. That's about 55 cents a pound for heads on. By the way, they prefer Bud Lite.

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

By the way, they prefer Bud Lite.

Yeah, we found that out too... they turned their nose up at regular bud..

Hey gunsmoke, have you every made pepper shrimp?? its pretty tasty and easy to make.

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Man TJ, I am getting hungry just looking at em.... So, silk worms was the first pic.. so what are the others??? A man would have to be really hungry to eat that stuff for a meal.

No, they don't eat them from hunger. :)

[​IMG]

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

TJ,

We will NOT let you cook anything for the TBB trip! That is how you are trying to win the big fish pot, you will try to poison the rest of us! LOl!

Looking forward to fishing with you, but hey, that lobster ravioli is much better than any of this!

Tom - DBG

7. Bret

Bret Senior Member

So does it taste good??? or is it an aphrodisiac???

8. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Senior Member

No, they don't eat them from hunger. :)

[​IMG]

Those look like big scorpions on a skewer. They might be pretty good. Never know until you try it. I've never passed up a cabrito on a big skewer while walking the streets in Mexico. I once ate 17 ribbon fish on a bet. I was screaming on the toilet the next morning with all those little bones coming out.

Bret, yes I love pepper shrimp. I love shrimp any way. I still think fried is my favorite. I'm boiling up 5 lbs as I type. I chill them in the sink with ice water right after boiling them in Zatamrans shrimp boil, cyene pepper, and tabasco sauce.

9. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Bret,

Silk worm is the last picture.

I will post up more pictures soon.

10. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thanks, Tj.

Gunsmoke I have eaten a few unknowns off of some street vendors in mx, but its a mental thing about the bugs.... Fear Factor material for sure...

11. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Tom,
    The poison won't kill you, it just makes you sleep for 2 days so I have enough time to catch the big tuna LOL.

Let me know if you want lobster ravioli, I can bring it with me.

TJ,

We will NOT let you cook anything for the TBB trip! That is how you are trying to win the big fish pot, you will try to poison the rest of us! LOl!

Looking forward to fishing with you, but hey, that lobster ravioli is much better than any of this!

Tom - DBG

12. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

If you are serious about the Ravioli, then that would be great! But let me call Elliott's to see if they will let me keep it frozen in their freezer while we fish.

My wife dreams about that lobster ravioli! I'll let you know.

Tom