360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been using Gamma 100% FC leader. I'm relatively satisfied with the leader's performance. It's a little stiff off the spool but once stretched to around 75% of test it's reasonably supple and seems to have good abrasion resistant. But I see a lot of people on here using Seaguar, Toray and some other brands. What are the differences and benefits?

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
I used Seaguar for a while with success and then decided to try some of the less expensive brands just to see what they are like. They didn't have as good abrasion resistance and I couldn't tie nice tight small knots. So I went back to Seaguar and haven't thought twice about it since. Couldn't be more satisfied.

·
4,723 Posts
I have been using Yozuri HD Carbon with very good success. It's very supple for Flouro and has excellent abrasion resistance. It's also strong as hell. I can easily tie knots using the 100lb leader. I've used Blackwater/Toray, Seaguar, Varivas, and now the Yozuri HD Carbon which I now prefer the most.

·
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys I'll buy a spool of each and give it a try. I had used some Yuzuri FC line for bassfishing and I wasn't happy but line and leader are two different things.

·
249 Posts
Lately I've been using Gamma 100% FC leader. I'm relatively satisfied with the leader's performance. It's a little stiff off the spool but once stretched to around 75% of test it's reasonably supple and seems to have good abrasion resistant. But I see a lot of people on here using Seaguar, Toray and some other brands. What are the differences and benefits?

They do sell a cheaper version of Seaguar FC... Called Seaguar Red Label, to me there wasnt that much diffrence between the Premium and Red Label. I think that was about a 7 to 10 dollar diffrence in price.

·
4,723 Posts
Seaguar Red Label is great if you are crimping your connections, but that stuff is stiff and hard to tie knots in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts