Favorite Knot Sites

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Ragman, May 17, 2006.

1. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

2. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Thanks, There is a lot of info on those sites..

3. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

while visiting tj on sunday he was in the process of making his own video on how to tie a austrailian pliatt and a bimini twist....rick

4. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

That video will be great for folks that have never seen those particular knots tied.

5. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

That is great!

He's shown that plait to me before, but it's easy to forget unless you tie everyday.

I remember that it's easier to tie than a bimini twist for loop connections.

6. berniek

berniek Junior member

does someone have the instructions for a mid knot?

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

does someone have the instructions for a mid knot?

jigging.co.kr shows several different knots which many jigging and popping fisehrmen use in addition to Mid Knot and assist hook instructions.

www.jigging.co.kr

8. Love those sites. You can't ever have too much knowledge on knots.

9. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

A string walks into a bar.

He asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Sorry we don't serve strings". So the string leaves.

The next day, the same string walks back into the bar. He asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Sorry we do not serve strings, please go away."

The following day the string stands outside the bar debating about whether to go in or not. He ties himself in a knot and frays the bottom of the string.

He goes in and asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Hey aren't you that string that's been coming in here all the time."

They string replys "No I'm a freyed knot".

10. SkeeterRonnie

get it-- " No. i am afraid not.." LMAO!!!! hehehe.. Sorrry- couldnt help it.

11. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

12. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

A string walks into a bar.

He asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Sorry we don't serve strings". So the string leaves.

The next day, the same string walks back into the bar. He asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Sorry we do not serve strings, please go away."

The following day the string stands outside the bar debating about whether to go in or not. He ties himself in a knot and frays the bottom of the string.

He goes in and asks for a shot of tequilla. The bartender replys "Hey aren't you that string that's been coming in here all the time."

They string replys "No I'm a freyed knot".

Thanks for wasting my time skeeter.

13. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

14. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

Has anyone tried or tested this knot? If not, would somebody test it and report back?

Fishin Kona

Scroll down to see the link for the dog knot. If the text is too small on the PDF, right click and enlarge.

I'm wondering if a Surgeon's loop -instead of the Bimini loop- would still make this mono to braid connection work?

15. SkeeterRonnie

very interesting.. I like the way he does his assist hooks.. now thats fast, and easy.

16. aussiepower

aussiepower Junior member

Can you share the Video and link it back to here?

www.splashvision.com

17. aussiepower

aussiepower Junior member

Can you share the Video on a site and link it back to here?

Try www.splashvision.com

18. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

I'm new to offshore spinning gear for tuna,throwing poppers. What knot and leader lenght works the best? Bruce

19. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

This is probably the best knots explaining site I have ever seen!
    Grog's Fishing Knots Index
    Although I was looking for some better info on topshot connections...