360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

any idea about favorite amberjacks jigs ? shape - best color - brand ?

what color should i use at sunlight and at the morning ?

·
3 Posts
c&h alien 6 oz in white, these have two swinging assist style hooks and living rubber skirts. i like to thread one of the hoks all the hay through a GULP 5" minnow and use the second hook as a stinger, also works well for grouper and snapper.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MR luna -sea thank you for the photos is this benthos gold ? or yellow ? and i think you replaced the original assist hocks right ? which one is effective tall assist or short one ?

·
Banned
78 Posts
Pretty much anything long looking like a knife will work for Aj , however some of this jigs are barracudas magnets but all in all , anything from River2sea jackknife to Williamson Benthos , Smith Nagamasa & all the others will work effectively .

·
2,662 Posts
you you can jig fast you can't beat killer jigs
moderate fast jm alien jig...

orange works best for me

look for long skinny jigs for fast mechanical jigging and rear weighted for moderate speed.

aj's hit flat side jigs on the drop all the time...

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really thank you for sharing informations but for the 2nd part of the question does the sunlight affect on choose jig color ?

and any idea about which assist hock is better ?

·
Banned
831 Posts
MR luna -sea thank you for the photos is this benthos gold ? or yellow ? and i think you replaced the original assist hocks right ? which one is effective tall assist or short one ?

orange and chartreuse. I always replace the assist hooks and I like them fairly long for jacks.

Scott

·
259 Posts
who has the Smith Nagamasa in stock?

Yes I would like to know this too. I picked some up earlier in year from saltywater tackle, but they seem to be out now. Maybe they'll get some more in ...

·
1,363 Posts
who has the Smith Nagamasa in stock?

I would love to know also, my last one was cut off a couple of weeks ago. They are by far my favorite AJ jig. I do not know why, I have yet to find a jig they won't hit.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
orange and chartreuse. I always replace the assist hooks and I like them fairly long for jacks.

Scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you so much - any idea which hocks is better ? and shall i use the same hock on short and tall jigs ?

·
Banned
831 Posts
jigging for jacks can be very expensive especially if you use expensive jigs. you are going to loose them to structure and fish with sharp teeth. fact is they will bite pretty much any jig if you move it the right way which usually means fast. here are some cheap ones including 300g bentos knock offs:Anteaterjigs.com - Products

1 - 20 of 47 Posts