F vs FA series

Discussion in 'Reels' started by fishr1989, Feb 22, 2008.

1. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

Are the handles on the F and FA series interchangeable? I might buy a 10000F Stella, but it has a broken handle shaft, and I was wondering if you can use the FA handle as a replacement.

I know I can get an FA handle at Bucko's Tackle near me, but I don;t know where to get the original F series handle.

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Call Shimano service department they have the replacement handle.

3. jureal

jureal Senior Member

Yeah, I saw that on ebay too. I would worry if something else might be broken also when the shaft broke.

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

yeah best bet call shimano

5. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

oddly enough, the guy selling the reel just took the auction down. Not a problem anymore

FA spools don't fit onto the F series reels right? you have to find the old ones

6. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

7. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

FA spools don't fit onto the F series reels right? you have to find the old ones

The FA and F series spool are NOT interchangeable.

BTW, a 10000F won't work on a 16000f either. I know because I bought one for my 16K and I'm trying to selling it now.

8. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

oddly enough, the guy selling the reel just took the auction down. Not a problem anymore

Hey D!

I just got an email from PLAT and I saw that they are selling a bail-less conversion for Stella SW.

Didn't you ask about this a few days ago?

Here's the link:

Plat

9. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

very nice, now if only i could afford the reel to go with the kit ;)

they saw it only fits the new 08 models but i wonder if you could get it to fit the older FAs?