360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what spools are interchangeable with the '10 Stella 8000SW-PG reel? I'm looking for one with a larger capacity if possible. I beleive I have read somewhere that the 10000 SW spool will fit? Is that the largest possible?

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick responses guys. This site has been extremely helpful for new jiggers like myself, thanks to all your expertise.

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just note the reduced drag rating of the 12k yumeya spool before you buy.

Do you know if it's the same for the 10K spool?

·
38 Posts
Drag should relate to the spool, so drag of a 10000sw spool on the 8000sw-pg should still be 23kg (although whether it really achieves this is debatable).

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drag should relate to the spool, so drag of a 10000sw spool on the 8000sw-pg should still be 23kg (although whether it really achieves this is debatable).

Thanks for all the info. You guys have been extremely helpful. Now what to do, what to do? Thanks!

·
4,723 Posts
The deeper the spool, the smaller the drag washers are used if the size of the spool remains the same, thus with reduced drag washer surface would reduce achievable maximum drag.

·
2,753 Posts
The other option is the Studio Ocean Mark 16000 No Limits Spool.

That would fit the 8000SW still.

can anyone confirm?

·
170 Posts
great information,
Hey enoch I have seen some of the products that Studio Ocean Mark makes for the stella and other shimano reals and the look pretty cool, if you do happen to get that spool or anything from them keep us posted....

·
4,723 Posts
The other option is the Studio Ocean Mark 16000 No Limits Spool.

That would fit the 8000SW still.

can anyone confirm?

Do you know if the SOM spool use Teflon drags or Carbon Fiber?

·
38 Posts
These spools appear very hard to get hold of. Someone just sold a brand new one on gtpopping.com for $350AUD, it lasted less than 3 mins!!

·
2,753 Posts
These spools appear very hard to get hold of. Someone just sold a brand new one on gtpopping.com for $350AUD, it lasted less than 3 mins!!

I saw that. they are paying mucho big bucks for the spool ... hard to even fathom that amount. $310 approx!

It's not unless you have someone in Japan to help you pick it up right?
Where should they start? Does SOM sell to retailers domestically in Japan?

We need a way in!

·
2,924 Posts
Does anyone know if a 18000 spool will fit on a 10000? My thoughts are to get a 10000 for the gulf, with the option of getting an 18000 spool if I ever venture up to see Dom.

It does not they are two different body sizes. The 18000 and the 20000 are the largest sized reel. The 10000 and the 8000 will fit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts